GUNNERS YEARS: FA confirms it's Arsenal v Spurs at Wembley
1991: The FA confirms the FA Cup semi-final between Arsenal and Tottenham will take place at Wembley. It will be the first time the national stadium has hosted an FA Cup last four fixture. FA spokesman Glen Kirton explained: We are aware that it is again
The FA confirms the FA Cup semi-final between Arsenal and Tottenham will take place at Wembley.
It will be the first time the national stadium has hosted an FA Cup last four fixture.
FA spokesman Glen Kirton explained: 'We are aware that it is against tradition but our priority was the convenience and safety of the public. Our other option was to play it at Villa Park, but nobody wants 40,000 supporters travelling up the motorway."
Meanwhile young striker Kevin Campbell scores twice late on as Arsenal return to the top of the Division One table with a gritty 2-0 Highbury win over Leeds.
``Anyone who thinks that games against Leeds are going to be pretty is in for a shock," said manager George Graham.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 3 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 4 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 5 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 6 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 7 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 8 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 9 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 10 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year