GUNNERS YEARS: FA confirms it's Arsenal v Spurs at Wembley
1991: The FA confirms the FA Cup semi-final between Arsenal and Tottenham will take place at Wembley. It will be the first time the national stadium has hosted an FA Cup last four fixture. FA spokesman Glen Kirton explained: We are aware that it is again
The FA confirms the FA Cup semi-final between Arsenal and Tottenham will take place at Wembley.
It will be the first time the national stadium has hosted an FA Cup last four fixture.
FA spokesman Glen Kirton explained: 'We are aware that it is against tradition but our priority was the convenience and safety of the public. Our other option was to play it at Villa Park, but nobody wants 40,000 supporters travelling up the motorway."
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile young striker Kevin Campbell scores twice late on as Arsenal return to the top of the Division One table with a gritty 2-0 Highbury win over Leeds.
``Anyone who thinks that games against Leeds are going to be pretty is in for a shock," said manager George Graham.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 8 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 9 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale