GUNNERS YEARS: FA confirms it's Arsenal v Spurs at Wembley
1991: The FA confirms the FA Cup semi-final between Arsenal and Tottenham will take place at Wembley. It will be the first time the national stadium has hosted an FA Cup last four fixture. FA spokesman Glen Kirton explained: We are aware that it is again
The FA confirms the FA Cup semi-final between Arsenal and Tottenham will take place at Wembley.
It will be the first time the national stadium has hosted an FA Cup last four fixture.
FA spokesman Glen Kirton explained: 'We are aware that it is against tradition but our priority was the convenience and safety of the public. Our other option was to play it at Villa Park, but nobody wants 40,000 supporters travelling up the motorway."
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile young striker Kevin Campbell scores twice late on as Arsenal return to the top of the Division One table with a gritty 2-0 Highbury win over Leeds.
``Anyone who thinks that games against Leeds are going to be pretty is in for a shock," said manager George Graham.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 9 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 10 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians