GUNNERS YEARS: Cole wants to escape French clique, claims Kenyon
2005: Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon claims Ashley Cole wants to move to Stamford Bridge because of a French clique at Highbury. Speaking at a Premier League commission into Chelsea s tapping up of the Arsenal defender, Kenyon says: He (Cole) wa
Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon claims Ashley Cole wants to move to Stamford Bridge because of a "French clique" at Highbury.
Speaking at a Premier League commission into Chelsea's tapping up of the Arsenal defender, Kenyon says: "He (Cole) was concerned that the relationship with the manager was not good, that there was definitely a series of cliques and the team was primarily run by the French boys."
Meanwhile, David Dein says Thierry Henry will remain at Highbury, despite interest from Real Madrid and Barcelona. "Thierry Henry is our player and will remain so," he said.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 4 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 6 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 7 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?