GUNNERS YEARS: Cole wants to escape French clique, claims Kenyon
2005: Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon claims Ashley Cole wants to move to Stamford Bridge because of a French clique at Highbury. Speaking at a Premier League commission into Chelsea s tapping up of the Arsenal defender, Kenyon says: He (Cole) wa
Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon claims Ashley Cole wants to move to Stamford Bridge because of a "French clique" at Highbury.
Speaking at a Premier League commission into Chelsea's tapping up of the Arsenal defender, Kenyon says: "He (Cole) was concerned that the relationship with the manager was not good, that there was definitely a series of cliques and the team was primarily run by the French boys."
Meanwhile, David Dein says Thierry Henry will remain at Highbury, despite interest from Real Madrid and Barcelona. "Thierry Henry is our player and will remain so," he said.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 8 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 9 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 10 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale