GUNNERS YEARS: Cole wants to escape French clique, claims Kenyon
2005: Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon claims Ashley Cole wants to move to Stamford Bridge because of a French clique at Highbury. Speaking at a Premier League commission into Chelsea s tapping up of the Arsenal defender, Kenyon says: He (Cole) wa
Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon claims Ashley Cole wants to move to Stamford Bridge because of a "French clique" at Highbury.
Speaking at a Premier League commission into Chelsea's tapping up of the Arsenal defender, Kenyon says: "He (Cole) was concerned that the relationship with the manager was not good, that there was definitely a series of cliques and the team was primarily run by the French boys."
Meanwhile, David Dein says Thierry Henry will remain at Highbury, despite interest from Real Madrid and Barcelona. "Thierry Henry is our player and will remain so," he said.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres