GUNNERS YEARS: Cole wants to escape French clique, claims Kenyon
2005: Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon claims Ashley Cole wants to move to Stamford Bridge because of a French clique at Highbury. Speaking at a Premier League commission into Chelsea s tapping up of the Arsenal defender, Kenyon says: He (Cole) wa
Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon claims Ashley Cole wants to move to Stamford Bridge because of a "French clique" at Highbury.
Speaking at a Premier League commission into Chelsea's tapping up of the Arsenal defender, Kenyon says: "He (Cole) was concerned that the relationship with the manager was not good, that there was definitely a series of cliques and the team was primarily run by the French boys."
Meanwhile, David Dein says Thierry Henry will remain at Highbury, despite interest from Real Madrid and Barcelona. "Thierry Henry is our player and will remain so," he said.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 4 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 5 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 6 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 9 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill