GUNNERS YEARS: Arsenal were brilliant, but they're out at Anfield
2008: Arsenal crash out of the Champions League after losing 4-2 at Liverpool in the second leg of their quarter-final. The Gunners dominated for long periods at Anfield and looked to have gone through when Theo Walcott ran 80 yards to set up Emmanuel Ade
Arsenal crash out of the Champions League after losing 4-2 at Liverpool in the second leg of their quarter-final.
The Gunners dominated for long periods at Anfield and looked to have gone through when Theo Walcott ran 80 yards to set up Emmanuel Adebayor to make it 2-2 with six minutes remaining but late goals from Steven Gerrard and Ryan Babel swung it for the hosts.
Even Gerrard seemed embarrassed to go through: "'There were times when Arsenal passed us off the pitch ... it would probably be unfair on Arsenal to say the better team won over the two games, because they had a lot of possession and showed what a great team they are."
You may also want to watch:
Arsene Wenger agreed: My players feel it was an injustice - they are having great difficulty accepting what happened. If you lose to a team who finish on top, OK. But that was not the impression we had."
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 7 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 10 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley