GUNNERS YEARS: Arsenal squirrel away a narrow victory over Villareal
2006: Highbury s final European tie ends in a slender 1-0 win over Villarreal in the Champions League semi-final, first leg. Kolo Toure netted the winner – on a night when a squirrel famously entered the field of play – as Arsenal s miserly defence reache
Highbury's final European tie ends in a slender 1-0 win over Villarreal in the Champions League semi-final, first leg.
Kolo Toure netted the winner - on a night when a squirrel famously entered the field of play - as Arsenal's miserly defence reached 829 minutes without conceding a European goal, a ninth successive clean sheet and competition record.
Skipper Thierry Henry says: "It's a big result because we didn't concede. We have shown already we can do the job away from home but we have nothing in the final yet. We are only half-way there.''
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 6 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 7 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 8 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 9 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 10 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'