GUNNERS YEARS: Arsenal squirrel away a narrow victory over Villareal
2006: Highbury s final European tie ends in a slender 1-0 win over Villarreal in the Champions League semi-final, first leg. Kolo Toure netted the winner – on a night when a squirrel famously entered the field of play – as Arsenal s miserly defence reache
Highbury's final European tie ends in a slender 1-0 win over Villarreal in the Champions League semi-final, first leg.
Kolo Toure netted the winner - on a night when a squirrel famously entered the field of play - as Arsenal's miserly defence reached 829 minutes without conceding a European goal, a ninth successive clean sheet and competition record.
Skipper Thierry Henry says: "It's a big result because we didn't concede. We have shown already we can do the job away from home but we have nothing in the final yet. We are only half-way there.''
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 3 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 7 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 8 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 9 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago