GUNNERS YEARS: Arsenal squirrel away a narrow victory over Villareal
2006: Highbury s final European tie ends in a slender 1-0 win over Villarreal in the Champions League semi-final, first leg. Kolo Toure netted the winner – on a night when a squirrel famously entered the field of play – as Arsenal s miserly defence reache
Highbury's final European tie ends in a slender 1-0 win over Villarreal in the Champions League semi-final, first leg.
Kolo Toure netted the winner - on a night when a squirrel famously entered the field of play - as Arsenal's miserly defence reached 829 minutes without conceding a European goal, a ninth successive clean sheet and competition record.
Skipper Thierry Henry says: "It's a big result because we didn't concede. We have shown already we can do the job away from home but we have nothing in the final yet. We are only half-way there.''
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 10 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'