GUNNERS YEARS: Arsenal fought back from Frank Lampard's early strike
This week in….2001 Arsenal fought back from Frank Lampard s early strike to beat Chelsea 2-1 and leapfrog Newcastle United at the top of the Premier League. The Blues midfielder gave the visitors a 31st minute lead but Sol Campbell levelled four minutes a
This week in....2001
Arsenal fought back from Frank Lampard's early strike to beat Chelsea 2-1 and leapfrog Newcastle United at the top of the Premier League.
The Blues midfielder gave the visitors a 31st minute lead but Sol Campbell levelled four minutes after the break with his first goal for the club before Sylvain Wiltord hit the win with less than 20 minutes to go.
"This win was down to physical determination more than technical ability," observed Arsene Wenger
You may also want to watch:
Sol Campbell added Arsenal have a good chance for the title: 'There are a lot of ups and downs ahead. As long as we can keep our heads there's enough quality in the side, plus we've got the experience of the guys who've won it before.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill