GUNNERS YEARS: Arsenal fought back from Frank Lampard's early strike
This week in….2001 Arsenal fought back from Frank Lampard s early strike to beat Chelsea 2-1 and leapfrog Newcastle United at the top of the Premier League. The Blues midfielder gave the visitors a 31st minute lead but Sol Campbell levelled four minutes a
This week in....2001
Arsenal fought back from Frank Lampard's early strike to beat Chelsea 2-1 and leapfrog Newcastle United at the top of the Premier League.
The Blues midfielder gave the visitors a 31st minute lead but Sol Campbell levelled four minutes after the break with his first goal for the club before Sylvain Wiltord hit the win with less than 20 minutes to go.
"This win was down to physical determination more than technical ability," observed Arsene Wenger
You may also want to watch:
Sol Campbell added Arsenal have a good chance for the title: 'There are a lot of ups and downs ahead. As long as we can keep our heads there's enough quality in the side, plus we've got the experience of the guys who've won it before.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 3 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 4 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach