GUNNERS YEARS: Arsenal fought back from Frank Lampard's early strike
This week in….2001 Arsenal fought back from Frank Lampard s early strike to beat Chelsea 2-1 and leapfrog Newcastle United at the top of the Premier League. The Blues midfielder gave the visitors a 31st minute lead but Sol Campbell levelled four minutes a
This week in....2001
Arsenal fought back from Frank Lampard's early strike to beat Chelsea 2-1 and leapfrog Newcastle United at the top of the Premier League.
The Blues midfielder gave the visitors a 31st minute lead but Sol Campbell levelled four minutes after the break with his first goal for the club before Sylvain Wiltord hit the win with less than 20 minutes to go.
"This win was down to physical determination more than technical ability," observed Arsene Wenger
Sol Campbell added Arsenal have a good chance for the title: 'There are a lot of ups and downs ahead. As long as we can keep our heads there's enough quality in the side, plus we've got the experience of the guys who've won it before.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 5 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 6 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 7 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 8 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 9 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 10 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue