GUNNERS YEARS: Arsenal fought back from Frank Lampard's early strike
This week in….2001 Arsenal fought back from Frank Lampard s early strike to beat Chelsea 2-1 and leapfrog Newcastle United at the top of the Premier League. The Blues midfielder gave the visitors a 31st minute lead but Sol Campbell levelled four minutes a
This week in....2001
Arsenal fought back from Frank Lampard's early strike to beat Chelsea 2-1 and leapfrog Newcastle United at the top of the Premier League.
The Blues midfielder gave the visitors a 31st minute lead but Sol Campbell levelled four minutes after the break with his first goal for the club before Sylvain Wiltord hit the win with less than 20 minutes to go.
"This win was down to physical determination more than technical ability," observed Arsene Wenger
You may also want to watch:
Sol Campbell added Arsenal have a good chance for the title: 'There are a lot of ups and downs ahead. As long as we can keep our heads there's enough quality in the side, plus we've got the experience of the guys who've won it before.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Injury concerns spoil Arsenal's win over Sheffield United