GUNNERS YEARS: Arsenal fought back from Frank Lampard's early strike
This week in….2001 Arsenal fought back from Frank Lampard s early strike to beat Chelsea 2-1 and leapfrog Newcastle United at the top of the Premier League. The Blues midfielder gave the visitors a 31st minute lead but Sol Campbell levelled four minutes a
This week in....2001
Arsenal fought back from Frank Lampard's early strike to beat Chelsea 2-1 and leapfrog Newcastle United at the top of the Premier League.
The Blues midfielder gave the visitors a 31st minute lead but Sol Campbell levelled four minutes after the break with his first goal for the club before Sylvain Wiltord hit the win with less than 20 minutes to go.
"This win was down to physical determination more than technical ability," observed Arsene Wenger
You may also want to watch:
Sol Campbell added Arsenal have a good chance for the title: 'There are a lot of ups and downs ahead. As long as we can keep our heads there's enough quality in the side, plus we've got the experience of the guys who've won it before.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'