GUNNERS YEARS: Anniversary of Ted Drake's famous seven-goal feast
1935: Ted Drake scores all seven goals in a 7-1 at Aston Villa – a remarkable feat which remains a top-flight record 73 years later. The Arsenal striker also hit the underside of the bar in a stunning display of centre forward play. 1985: Young striker N
Ted Drake scores all seven goals in a 7-1 at Aston Villa - a remarkable feat which remains a top-flight record 73 years later. The Arsenal striker also hit the underside of the bar in a stunning display of centre forward play.
Young striker Niall Quinn scores on his debut as Arsenal beat champions Liverpool 2-0.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Nicholas had opened the scoring for Don Howe's side before the Irishman struck the second past Bruce Grobelaar in front of a 35,048 crowd at a freezing cold Highbury.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 4 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 7 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 8 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 9 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally
- 10 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees
George Grahanm writes to the FA requesting referee Alf Buksh does not officiate any more Arsenal games this season. His criticism comes after a bad-tempered 1-0 loss in the north London derby at White Hart Lane, Paul Allen netting the winner for the hosts. It's Arsenal's fourth successive league loss defeat - their worst run since 1977.
Arsenal go third in the Premier League after Emmanuel Aeebyaor's 88th-minute strike seals a 1-0 win at Wigan Athletic. The Gunners remain 15 points behind leaders Manchester United, but Johan Djourou believes they can claw it back: "The Premiership does not end until May and we are just trying to win every game ... we are going to try and catch up with them. Everybody says 'oh it is hard, it is hard' but the belief is there.