GUNNERS YEARS: Anniversary of Ted Drake's famous seven-goal feast
1935: Ted Drake scores all seven goals in a 7-1 at Aston Villa – a remarkable feat which remains a top-flight record 73 years later. The Arsenal striker also hit the underside of the bar in a stunning display of centre forward play. 1985: Young striker N
Ted Drake scores all seven goals in a 7-1 at Aston Villa - a remarkable feat which remains a top-flight record 73 years later. The Arsenal striker also hit the underside of the bar in a stunning display of centre forward play.
Young striker Niall Quinn scores on his debut as Arsenal beat champions Liverpool 2-0.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Nicholas had opened the scoring for Don Howe's side before the Irishman struck the second past Bruce Grobelaar in front of a 35,048 crowd at a freezing cold Highbury.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 3 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 4 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 9 'No one should be aiming to breathe air that is only just legal'
- 10 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
George Grahanm writes to the FA requesting referee Alf Buksh does not officiate any more Arsenal games this season. His criticism comes after a bad-tempered 1-0 loss in the north London derby at White Hart Lane, Paul Allen netting the winner for the hosts. It's Arsenal's fourth successive league loss defeat - their worst run since 1977.
Arsenal go third in the Premier League after Emmanuel Aeebyaor's 88th-minute strike seals a 1-0 win at Wigan Athletic. The Gunners remain 15 points behind leaders Manchester United, but Johan Djourou believes they can claw it back: "The Premiership does not end until May and we are just trying to win every game ... we are going to try and catch up with them. Everybody says 'oh it is hard, it is hard' but the belief is there.