GUNNERS YEARS: Anniversary of Ted Drake's famous seven-goal feast
1935: Ted Drake scores all seven goals in a 7-1 at Aston Villa – a remarkable feat which remains a top-flight record 73 years later. The Arsenal striker also hit the underside of the bar in a stunning display of centre forward play. 1985: Young striker N
Ted Drake scores all seven goals in a 7-1 at Aston Villa - a remarkable feat which remains a top-flight record 73 years later. The Arsenal striker also hit the underside of the bar in a stunning display of centre forward play.
Young striker Niall Quinn scores on his debut as Arsenal beat champions Liverpool 2-0.
Charlie Nicholas had opened the scoring for Don Howe's side before the Irishman struck the second past Bruce Grobelaar in front of a 35,048 crowd at a freezing cold Highbury.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Positives for Arsenal despite missing top four
- 3 Calls to make road in front of a Highgate school safer
- 4 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 5 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 6 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 7 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 8 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 9 Nazanin was 'forced' to sign false confession by Iran
- 10 Meet the new chief nurse at the Whittington Hospital
George Grahanm writes to the FA requesting referee Alf Buksh does not officiate any more Arsenal games this season. His criticism comes after a bad-tempered 1-0 loss in the north London derby at White Hart Lane, Paul Allen netting the winner for the hosts. It's Arsenal's fourth successive league loss defeat - their worst run since 1977.
Arsenal go third in the Premier League after Emmanuel Aeebyaor's 88th-minute strike seals a 1-0 win at Wigan Athletic. The Gunners remain 15 points behind leaders Manchester United, but Johan Djourou believes they can claw it back: "The Premiership does not end until May and we are just trying to win every game ... we are going to try and catch up with them. Everybody says 'oh it is hard, it is hard' but the belief is there.