GUNNERS YEARS: Alan Smith returns, but in a Leicester shirt
1987: New �800,000 striker Alan Smith makes his first appearance at Highbury since signing for Arsenal – turning out for former club Leicester City Gunners boss George Graham agreed to loan Smith back to the Foxes to help them in their rele
New �800,000 striker Alan Smith makes his first appearance at Highbury since signing for Arsenal - turning out for former club Leicester City Gunners boss George Graham agreed to loan Smith back to the Foxes to help them in their relegation battle - and the North Bank give him a warm reception before the homeside's 4-1 win.
Martin Hayes struck his 21st and 22nd goals of the season, while Paul Davis and Charlie Nicholas completed the scoring. Russell Osman netted Leicester's consolation after a neat flick-on from Smith.
You may also want to watch:
"Alan was in an unusual situation, but there was no question his loyalties lay with us," said Leicester boss Bryan Hamilton afterwards.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 9 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 10 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze