GUNNERS YEARS: Alan Smith returns, but in a Leicester shirt
1987: New �800,000 striker Alan Smith makes his first appearance at Highbury since signing for Arsenal – turning out for former club Leicester City Gunners boss George Graham agreed to loan Smith back to the Foxes to help them in their rele
New �800,000 striker Alan Smith makes his first appearance at Highbury since signing for Arsenal - turning out for former club Leicester City Gunners boss George Graham agreed to loan Smith back to the Foxes to help them in their relegation battle - and the North Bank give him a warm reception before the homeside's 4-1 win.
Martin Hayes struck his 21st and 22nd goals of the season, while Paul Davis and Charlie Nicholas completed the scoring. Russell Osman netted Leicester's consolation after a neat flick-on from Smith.
You may also want to watch:
"Alan was in an unusual situation, but there was no question his loyalties lay with us," said Leicester boss Bryan Hamilton afterwards.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 6 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 7 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council