Gunners girls make Euro quarters
Arsenal Ladies have reached the quarter finals of the Champions League after seeing off Sparta Prague 2-0 on Wednesday night.An own goal from Sparta captain Lucie Heroldova put the Gunners, leading 3-0 from the first leg, in the driving seat before Kim L
Arsenal Ladies have reached the quarter finals of the Champions League after seeing off Sparta Prague 2-0 on Wednesday night.
An own goal from Sparta captain Lucie Heroldova put the Gunners, leading 3-0 from the first leg, in the driving seat before Kim Little struck her ninth European goal of the season on 56 minutes to confirm their place in the last eight.
Arsenal won the 2007 Uefa Cup and manager Tony Gervaise said he wants to emulate that famous victory.
"The team's consistency in the Uefa Cup was fantastic," said Gervaise. "And now we want to go as far as we possibly can in the Champions League.
You may also want to watch:
"Whoever we get in the quarter-finals will be tough because they'll be one of the best teams in Europe. But so are we - and we fear no-one."
Arsenal find out their next opponents when the draw is made on Friday November 20.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill