Gunners girls make Euro quarters
Arsenal Ladies have reached the quarter finals of the Champions League after seeing off Sparta Prague 2-0 on Wednesday night.An own goal from Sparta captain Lucie Heroldova put the Gunners, leading 3-0 from the first leg, in the driving seat before Kim L
Arsenal Ladies have reached the quarter finals of the Champions League after seeing off Sparta Prague 2-0 on Wednesday night.
An own goal from Sparta captain Lucie Heroldova put the Gunners, leading 3-0 from the first leg, in the driving seat before Kim Little struck her ninth European goal of the season on 56 minutes to confirm their place in the last eight.
Arsenal won the 2007 Uefa Cup and manager Tony Gervaise said he wants to emulate that famous victory.
"The team's consistency in the Uefa Cup was fantastic," said Gervaise. "And now we want to go as far as we possibly can in the Champions League.
You may also want to watch:
"Whoever we get in the quarter-finals will be tough because they'll be one of the best teams in Europe. But so are we - and we fear no-one."
Arsenal find out their next opponents when the draw is made on Friday November 20.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 3 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 8 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success