Gunners girls make Euro quarters
Arsenal Ladies have reached the quarter finals of the Champions League after seeing off Sparta Prague 2-0 on Wednesday night.An own goal from Sparta captain Lucie Heroldova put the Gunners, leading 3-0 from the first leg, in the driving seat before Kim L
Arsenal Ladies have reached the quarter finals of the Champions League after seeing off Sparta Prague 2-0 on Wednesday night.
An own goal from Sparta captain Lucie Heroldova put the Gunners, leading 3-0 from the first leg, in the driving seat before Kim Little struck her ninth European goal of the season on 56 minutes to confirm their place in the last eight.
Arsenal won the 2007 Uefa Cup and manager Tony Gervaise said he wants to emulate that famous victory.
"The team's consistency in the Uefa Cup was fantastic," said Gervaise. "And now we want to go as far as we possibly can in the Champions League.
You may also want to watch:
"Whoever we get in the quarter-finals will be tough because they'll be one of the best teams in Europe. But so are we - and we fear no-one."
Arsenal find out their next opponents when the draw is made on Friday November 20.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 3 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 4 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 5 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 6 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe