Growers show their petal at Highgate and Hampstead Garden Suburb horticultural shows
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
As the summer finally began to turn to autumn, judges were running the rule over flowers, vegetables and bakes in Highgate and Hampstead Garden Suburb.
Highgate's show in the United Reformed Church saw a "remarkable trug of vegetables" by Gary Sycamore, according to the Royal Horticultural Society judge David.
Camden Council's deputy mayor Sabrina Francis awarded prizes to winners. Mr Sycamore and Jeannie Willis were among the prizes, and Laura Boothman won the Alice Allender award.
Meanwhile the Free Church Hall in Hampstead Garden Suburb was inundated with visitors.
With music provided by Grimsdyke Brass Band, Zara Shattock won an award for giant sunflower, meanwhile chairman Chris Trug won best in show for vegetables.
You may also want to watch:
The summer's weather had meant there were few roses on display, as they had flowered and wilted earlier than usual.
- 1 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 2 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 3 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 4 Covid-19: Area around Royal Free one of few in UK to avoid deaths
- 5 'Paul the Paper' shuts up shop in Crouch End for the final time
- 6 Free Nazanin: Pressure on government rises as end of sentence approaches
- 7 Arteta concerned about Arsenal striker Nketiah
- 8 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 9 Highgate's Victorian 'pineapple' railings repaired and restored.
- 10 Woodland is being damage - time to show some respect