Growers show their petal at Highgate and Hampstead Garden Suburb horticultural shows
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
As the summer finally began to turn to autumn, judges were running the rule over flowers, vegetables and bakes in Highgate and Hampstead Garden Suburb.
Highgate's show in the United Reformed Church saw a "remarkable trug of vegetables" by Gary Sycamore, according to the Royal Horticultural Society judge David.
Camden Council's deputy mayor Sabrina Francis awarded prizes to winners. Mr Sycamore and Jeannie Willis were among the prizes, and Laura Boothman won the Alice Allender award.
Meanwhile the Free Church Hall in Hampstead Garden Suburb was inundated with visitors.
With music provided by Grimsdyke Brass Band, Zara Shattock won an award for giant sunflower, meanwhile chairman Chris Trug won best in show for vegetables.
You may also want to watch:
The summer's weather had meant there were few roses on display, as they had flowered and wilted earlier than usual.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 4 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 8 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement