Growers show their petal at Highgate and Hampstead Garden Suburb horticultural shows
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
As the summer finally began to turn to autumn, judges were running the rule over flowers, vegetables and bakes in Highgate and Hampstead Garden Suburb.
Highgate's show in the United Reformed Church saw a "remarkable trug of vegetables" by Gary Sycamore, according to the Royal Horticultural Society judge David.
Camden Council's deputy mayor Sabrina Francis awarded prizes to winners. Mr Sycamore and Jeannie Willis were among the prizes, and Laura Boothman won the Alice Allender award.
Meanwhile the Free Church Hall in Hampstead Garden Suburb was inundated with visitors.
With music provided by Grimsdyke Brass Band, Zara Shattock won an award for giant sunflower, meanwhile chairman Chris Trug won best in show for vegetables.
You may also want to watch:
The summer's weather had meant there were few roses on display, as they had flowered and wilted earlier than usual.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta worried about player burnout
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 8 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 9 Ozil travels to Turkey as Arsenal exit looms
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre