Grilled vegetable tian recipe
Grilled vegetable tianServes 4Ingredients250g aubergine400g courgettes3 Ramiro peppers75-90ml olive oil1 tbsp vegetarian pesto2 cloves garlic, crushed60g flavoured ciabatta or focaccia bread slices2 tbsp parsley 2 tbsp basil80g vegetarian Cheshire cheese, finely grated Season to taste
MethodHeat oven to gas mark 6/200C/400F.
Cut the aubergine and courgette into 5mm slices and the peppers into thick wedges. Mix the oil with the pesto and garlic.
Heat a large griddle pan or fire up the barbecue. Brush the vegetables lightly with the oil mixture and grill on both sides until starting to soften. Then put the bread and herbs in a food processor. Season well.
In a ceramic quiche (dia 26cm) or casserole dish (approx 26cm x 22cm) sprinkle a layer of half the breadcrumbs on the base. Then arrange the aubergine and courgettes in overlapping circles or rows, leaving room to place the peppers in the centre or additional rows.
You may also want to watch:
Add the cheese to the remaining breadcrumb mixture and scatter over the top of the tian. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until crisp.Can be served at room temperature, with a flageolet bean, tomato, onion and avocado salad.This recipe is one of twelve mouth-watering, monthly recipes, included in Season to Taste, a collection of recipes using seasonal and locally sourced produce.
It is created and available from Cordon Vert Cookery School at The Vegetarian Society, Parkdale, Dunham Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 4QG, www.vegsoc.org
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 6 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 9 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?