Green vision for electric cars on Camden's streets
THERE will be hundreds more electric vehicles on our streets and centres where cyclists can park their bikes and get a shower, if ideas put forward by Camden Council are adopted to fight climate change
THERE will be hundreds more electric vehicles on our streets and special centres where cyclists can park their bikes and get a shower, if ideas put forward by Camden Council are adopted to fight climate change.
The proposals, which also include car clubs and measures to make it easier to walk around the borough, have been published as part of a consultation for the council's Green Transport Strategy.
Environment boss Cllr Mike Greene hopes residents will read the new strategy and share their ideas on how carbon emissions can be cut.
He said: "We need everyone's help if we are going to make Camden a greener and better place to live, learn, work and visit.
You may also want to watch:
"The Green Transport Strategy contains a variety of exciting initiatives aimed at improving our local environment. I hope everyone will take this opportunity to get involved and help make a difference."
As part of the project there will be green transport exhibitions at St Pancras and Swiss Cottage libraries, which will run from January 17 until the consultation period ends on February 22.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 7 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 8 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 9 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
To read the draft strategy and get a consultation questionnaire you can visit a Camden library, or go to www.camden.gov.uk/green. You can request the consultation by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 020-7974 2599 or 2520.