Green Leader calls on parties to save Whittington A&E
GREEN Party leader Caroline Lucas has pledged that her party won t close down the Whittington s A&E or maternity services today (Friday March 26) and called on other political leaders to offer the same. In a Q&A on Mumsnet the candidate for Brighton Pavil
GREEN Party leader Caroline Lucas has pledged that her party won't close down the Whittington's A&E or maternity services today (Friday March 26) and called on other political leaders to offer the same.
In a Q&A on Mumsnet the candidate for Brighton Pavilion said that the current consultation process would be halted if the Greens were in power.
She said no A&E or maternity units in North London should be closed until alternatives are in place and tested independently to prove they won't negatively impact on patients' health.
She said: "I am very happy to pledge my opposition to the closure of the A&E and maternity services at the Whittington. And if elected would work hard to save the services too. The Green Party believe it's wrong that hospitals and health centres are treated like businesses, rather than vital public services."
You may also want to watch:
Local Green members and activists have now called on the other party leaders to offer the same.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Property of the week: Impressive mid-terrace Kentish Town family home
- 7 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 8 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate