Green Leader calls on parties to save Whittington A&E
GREEN Party leader Caroline Lucas has pledged that her party won t close down the Whittington s A&E or maternity services today (Friday March 26) and called on other political leaders to offer the same. In a Q&A on Mumsnet the candidate for Brighton Pavil
GREEN Party leader Caroline Lucas has pledged that her party won't close down the Whittington's A&E or maternity services today (Friday March 26) and called on other political leaders to offer the same.
In a Q&A on Mumsnet the candidate for Brighton Pavilion said that the current consultation process would be halted if the Greens were in power.
She said no A&E or maternity units in North London should be closed until alternatives are in place and tested independently to prove they won't negatively impact on patients' health.
She said: "I am very happy to pledge my opposition to the closure of the A&E and maternity services at the Whittington. And if elected would work hard to save the services too. The Green Party believe it's wrong that hospitals and health centres are treated like businesses, rather than vital public services."
You may also want to watch:
Local Green members and activists have now called on the other party leaders to offer the same.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'