Green Leader calls on parties to save Whittington A&E
GREEN Party leader Caroline Lucas has pledged that her party won t close down the Whittington s A&E or maternity services today (Friday March 26) and called on other political leaders to offer the same. In a Q&A on Mumsnet the candidate for Brighton Pavil
GREEN Party leader Caroline Lucas has pledged that her party won't close down the Whittington's A&E or maternity services today (Friday March 26) and called on other political leaders to offer the same.
In a Q&A on Mumsnet the candidate for Brighton Pavilion said that the current consultation process would be halted if the Greens were in power.
She said no A&E or maternity units in North London should be closed until alternatives are in place and tested independently to prove they won't negatively impact on patients' health.
She said: "I am very happy to pledge my opposition to the closure of the A&E and maternity services at the Whittington. And if elected would work hard to save the services too. The Green Party believe it's wrong that hospitals and health centres are treated like businesses, rather than vital public services."
You may also want to watch:
Local Green members and activists have now called on the other party leaders to offer the same.
- 1 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 2 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 3 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park