Green Leader calls on parties to save Whittington A&E
GREEN Party leader Caroline Lucas has pledged that her party won t close down the Whittington s A&E or maternity services today (Friday March 26) and called on other political leaders to offer the same. In a Q&A on Mumsnet the candidate for Brighton Pavil
GREEN Party leader Caroline Lucas has pledged that her party won't close down the Whittington's A&E or maternity services today (Friday March 26) and called on other political leaders to offer the same.
In a Q&A on Mumsnet the candidate for Brighton Pavilion said that the current consultation process would be halted if the Greens were in power.
She said no A&E or maternity units in North London should be closed until alternatives are in place and tested independently to prove they won't negatively impact on patients' health.
She said: "I am very happy to pledge my opposition to the closure of the A&E and maternity services at the Whittington. And if elected would work hard to save the services too. The Green Party believe it's wrong that hospitals and health centres are treated like businesses, rather than vital public services."
You may also want to watch:
Local Green members and activists have now called on the other party leaders to offer the same.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 7 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 8 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 9 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees
- 10 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally