Green Fair should not have been reliant on sponsorship
WE are disappointed that Camden Green Fair has been cancelled (Axed: Green Fair is victim of recession, H&H May 7). This is a big environmental event where people can come together, whether as activists or just out of interest. They can share ideas and go
WE are disappointed that Camden Green Fair has been cancelled (Axed: Green Fair is victim of recession, H&H May 7). This is a big environmental event where people can come together, whether as activists or just out of interest. They can share ideas and go away inspired to do what they can to stop climate change and fight for the environment.
It is unsatisfactory if it is being cancelled because the new charity could not raise enough sponsorship. Doing all we can to inspire action and provide the chance to exchange ideas is fundamental if we are to make the necessary changes to the way we live.
The council has always played a part in this event and should have made sure the trustees were supported and that there was funding in the budget to cover these costs. They should not have relied on corporate sponsorship which clearly hadn't been committed when Camden's budget was set. Once again the Lib-Dem/Tory administration (despite their energetic eco champion) has failed to put its money where its mouth is.
Victoria Green, Natalie Bennett Rachel Zatz, Cllr Maya de Souza
You may also want to watch:
Camden Green Party
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United