Green Christmas in Paddington as battery collections start
European Recycling Platform (ERP), a battery compliance scheme, and First Mile today announce a new battery recycling service for businesses in Paddington, London. Collections will be up and running in time for the busy Christmas period. ERP battery box
European Recycling Platform (ERP), a battery compliance scheme, and First Mile today announce a new battery recycling service for businesses in Paddington, London. Collections will be up and running in time for the busy Christmas period.
ERP battery boxes will be supplied to around 200 of First Mile's recycling customers in Paddington. First Mile will offer a free next day collection service for full boxes alongside their other recycling services to members of Paddington Business Improvement District.
Announcing the partnership, Scott Butler, general manager of ERP said:
"We are delighted to be working with First Mile to roll out this service before Christmas. By collecting batteries with other waste streams, it cuts down on transport costs, helping to reduce CO2 emissions and reducing costs for our battery producers.
You may also want to watch:
"This scheme will add to ERP's growing network, providing collection points for consumers and people who work in Paddington. We will recycle batteries used by these businesses, as well."
First Mile CEO, Bruce Bratley, said: "We are delighted to be working with ERP and Paddington Business Improvement District on this exciting new Easy Recycling service and we hope to recycle many batteries before Christmas. The service is very easy to use and complements First Mile's other Easy Recycling services. We hope to work with ERP on a national solution for Easy Battery Recycling in the New Year."
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
Paddington Business Improvement District's Project Manager, Ann Hunter said:
"Being the first Business Improvement District to introduce the battery recycling scheme for its businesses is fantastic news for Paddington. The initiative is a great addition to our already highly-popular recycling service in Paddington. Our aim is to ensure businesses are able to recycle as much as possible, as easily as possible, and the battery recycling scheme will take us closer to this, thanks to First Mile and ERP."
ERP will treat and recycle the waste batteries. All types of dry cell batteries will be collected, such as AAA, AA, C and D sizes, button cells such as those found in watches and hearing aids and rechargeables such as mobile phone, laptop and powertool batteries.