Green candidate in Finchley and Golders Green: ‘We are not just about the environment’
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Publisher Adele Ward is standing for the Green Party next month in her first-ever general election contest.
The 57-year-old, of The Drive, Golders Green, made her electoral debut for the Greens in last year’s Barnet Council elections.
Ms Ward, co-founder of Ward Wood Publishing, will hope for an improvement on the bruising defeat she suffered last May, when she polled just 330 votes as a Golders Green candidate.
The mother-of-two said: “Thousands of people a year die in London of air pollution. Climate change is at a critical point now. If I live long enough to 2050, it will be catastrophic by then.
“The government are not doing enough. These are huge reasons I am standing for the Green Party. But we are not only about the environment.
You may also want to watch:
“I get hundreds of emails a day from constituents worried about the privatisation of the NHS, education, fracking - all these things we have the best policies on.
“We are the only party which really wants to reverse the privatisation of the NHS.”
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17