Green candidate in Finchley and Golders Green: ‘We are not just about the environment’
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Publisher Adele Ward is standing for the Green Party next month in her first-ever general election contest.
The 57-year-old, of The Drive, Golders Green, made her electoral debut for the Greens in last year’s Barnet Council elections.
Ms Ward, co-founder of Ward Wood Publishing, will hope for an improvement on the bruising defeat she suffered last May, when she polled just 330 votes as a Golders Green candidate.
The mother-of-two said: “Thousands of people a year die in London of air pollution. Climate change is at a critical point now. If I live long enough to 2050, it will be catastrophic by then.
“The government are not doing enough. These are huge reasons I am standing for the Green Party. But we are not only about the environment.
You may also want to watch:
“I get hundreds of emails a day from constituents worried about the privatisation of the NHS, education, fracking - all these things we have the best policies on.
“We are the only party which really wants to reverse the privatisation of the NHS.”
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 7 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 8 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar