Green candidate in Finchley and Golders Green: ‘We are not just about the environment’
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
Publisher Adele Ward is standing for the Green Party next month in her first-ever general election contest.
The 57-year-old, of The Drive, Golders Green, made her electoral debut for the Greens in last year’s Barnet Council elections.
Ms Ward, co-founder of Ward Wood Publishing, will hope for an improvement on the bruising defeat she suffered last May, when she polled just 330 votes as a Golders Green candidate.
The mother-of-two said: “Thousands of people a year die in London of air pollution. Climate change is at a critical point now. If I live long enough to 2050, it will be catastrophic by then.
“The government are not doing enough. These are huge reasons I am standing for the Green Party. But we are not only about the environment.
You may also want to watch:
“I get hundreds of emails a day from constituents worried about the privatisation of the NHS, education, fracking - all these things we have the best policies on.
“We are the only party which really wants to reverse the privatisation of the NHS.”
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'