Grandiose plan is no substitute for much-needed local clinic
RESIDENTS are receiving a very glossy leaflet announcing a full consultation about changing health services. This is from the combined Primary Care Trusts for Barnet, Haringey and Enfield. The page two headline is Better treatment closer to home . It is
RESIDENTS are receiving a very glossy leaflet announcing a full consultation about changing health services. This is from the combined Primary Care Trusts for Barnet, Haringey and Enfield. The page two headline is 'Better treatment closer to home'.
It is ironic that local residents who made representations at the Haringey Civic Centre to stop our local Fortis Green Clinic being sold failed to have even a postponement of this sale! Here was a clinic close to our homes that was up for sale. Where is our choice when services can be re-located without our having a say?
Residents value the Fortis Green Clinic even though services there have dwindled, so we were indignant when Haringey Primary Care Trust told us the sale was due to its under-use.
The trust described the glorious 'state of the art' building with five times the capacity of Fortis Green to be built on the Hornsey Central site on Park Road, incidentally a difficult bus ride from Muswell Hill.
You may also want to watch:
We wondered how services were to be found for such a large building when Fortis Green Clinic could not be filled, but then it became clear that commercial interests and private providers could help pay the rent of this 'flag-ship' health facility.
Do not despair at this 'Alice in Wonderland' situation. Today, helped by MP Lynne Featherstone, three venerable ladies from this borough will present a petition at number 10 Downing Street, demanding that land on the Hornsey Central site is not sold and that health services delivered at the new hospital remain public.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 7 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
Save Hornsey Central Hospital Campaign & Treasurer, Muswell Hill and Highgate Pensioners Action Group