Grand finale coming to Kenwood concerts
ORGANISERS will be hoping for a sensational finale to complete this year's Kenwood concerts tomorrow. Last Night of the Kenwood Proms will be held on Saturday night and organisers are hoping for a fun packed, busy night despite the somewhat dismal weathe
ORGANISERS will be hoping for a sensational finale to complete this year's Kenwood concerts tomorrow.
Last Night of the Kenwood Proms will be held on Saturday night and organisers are hoping for a fun packed, busy night despite the somewhat dismal weather forecasts.
Rufus Wainwright, Jamie Cullum and legendary rocker Blondie have already entertained the crowds from the Kenwood stage and it is hoped the Proms and the accompanying fireworks will be a fitting finish.
Paul Griffiths, who is head of Visitor Operations at Kenwood, said: "This year the concert series at Kenwood has been absolutely fantastic, the weather has been great with some amazing long sunny evenings, especially at the start of the season, and even when it had been raining during the day, like last week, the sky has cleared in time for our artists. The acts this year have been tremendous and they all seem to have tailored their act to the occasion and especially to location. This weekend brings us to our Last Night of the Kenwood Proms, which is always a highlight of the season, especially the grand firework finale.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are still available at www.picnicconcerts.com.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines