Grand finale coming to Kenwood concerts
ORGANISERS will be hoping for a sensational finale to complete this year's Kenwood concerts tomorrow. Last Night of the Kenwood Proms will be held on Saturday night and organisers are hoping for a fun packed, busy night despite the somewhat dismal weathe
ORGANISERS will be hoping for a sensational finale to complete this year's Kenwood concerts tomorrow.
Last Night of the Kenwood Proms will be held on Saturday night and organisers are hoping for a fun packed, busy night despite the somewhat dismal weather forecasts.
Rufus Wainwright, Jamie Cullum and legendary rocker Blondie have already entertained the crowds from the Kenwood stage and it is hoped the Proms and the accompanying fireworks will be a fitting finish.
Paul Griffiths, who is head of Visitor Operations at Kenwood, said: "This year the concert series at Kenwood has been absolutely fantastic, the weather has been great with some amazing long sunny evenings, especially at the start of the season, and even when it had been raining during the day, like last week, the sky has cleared in time for our artists. The acts this year have been tremendous and they all seem to have tailored their act to the occasion and especially to location. This weekend brings us to our Last Night of the Kenwood Proms, which is always a highlight of the season, especially the grand firework finale.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are still available at www.picnicconcerts.com.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17