Graham urges Arsene to strengthen defence; Adebayor laughs off speculation
George Graham has urged Wenger to strengthen his defence in the summer after their title bid finally collapsed at Old Trafford on Sunday. The Arsenal legend, who led the club to two titles in his nine years as manager at Highbury, says the current side ar
George Graham has urged Wenger to strengthen his defence in the summer after their title bid finally collapsed at Old Trafford on Sunday.
The Arsenal legend, who led the club to two titles in his nine years as manager at Highbury, says the current side are "so, so close to be being there" but need an injection of experience - particularly at the back''.
Meanwhile, Emmanuel Adebayor has backed Arsene Wenger - and laughed off talk the manager's position is under threat after three years without a trophy.
"Arsene is a great man and a great manager," said the striker, who netted his 20th league goal in Sunday's 2-1 defeat at Manchester United. "He has achieved a lot of things with this club. For sure he is going to be here."
You may also want to watch:
See this week's Ham&High for more.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 10 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London