Graham urges Arsene to strengthen defence; Adebayor laughs off speculation
George Graham has urged Wenger to strengthen his defence in the summer after their title bid finally collapsed at Old Trafford on Sunday. The Arsenal legend, who led the club to two titles in his nine years as manager at Highbury, says the current side ar
George Graham has urged Wenger to strengthen his defence in the summer after their title bid finally collapsed at Old Trafford on Sunday.
The Arsenal legend, who led the club to two titles in his nine years as manager at Highbury, says the current side are "so, so close to be being there" but need an injection of experience - particularly at the back''.
Meanwhile, Emmanuel Adebayor has backed Arsene Wenger - and laughed off talk the manager's position is under threat after three years without a trophy.
"Arsene is a great man and a great manager," said the striker, who netted his 20th league goal in Sunday's 2-1 defeat at Manchester United. "He has achieved a lot of things with this club. For sure he is going to be here."
You may also want to watch:
See this week's Ham&High for more.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home