Graham urges Arsene to strengthen defence; Adebayor laughs off speculation
George Graham has urged Wenger to strengthen his defence in the summer after their title bid finally collapsed at Old Trafford on Sunday. The Arsenal legend, who led the club to two titles in his nine years as manager at Highbury, says the current side ar
George Graham has urged Wenger to strengthen his defence in the summer after their title bid finally collapsed at Old Trafford on Sunday.
The Arsenal legend, who led the club to two titles in his nine years as manager at Highbury, says the current side are "so, so close to be being there" but need an injection of experience - particularly at the back''.
Meanwhile, Emmanuel Adebayor has backed Arsene Wenger - and laughed off talk the manager's position is under threat after three years without a trophy.
"Arsene is a great man and a great manager," said the striker, who netted his 20th league goal in Sunday's 2-1 defeat at Manchester United. "He has achieved a lot of things with this club. For sure he is going to be here."
You may also want to watch:
See this week's Ham&High for more.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points