Gospel Oak shooting: Four arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after shots fired
- Credit: Archant
Four men were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after gunshots were heard yards from a primary school in Gospel Oak on Sunday evening.
Firearms police were called to Hemingway Close at 6.51pm after reports of gunshots in just around the corner from Gospel Oak primary school in Mansfield Road.
No injuries were reported at the scene, but later in the evening the police were able to apprehend four suspects in Enfield.
The men were arrested at a traffic stop on Hertord Road in the outer London borough, and they remain in custody at a North London police station.
A neighbour who wished to remain anonymous told this newspaper: “Within minutes the whole of Gospel Oak was taped off, especially Hemingway Close where we live. And armed police had surrounded the area, nobody was allowed in or out of the close and we were all told to stay in our houses.”
You may also want to watch:
The police ask anyone with information about the incident to call 0208 733 4371. Enquiries are ongoing.
Did you see what happened? Contact Sam on the newsdesk at Sam.Volpe@Archant.co.uk
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 9 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
- 10 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote