Gospel Oak shooting: Four arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after shots fired
- Credit: Archant
Four men were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after gunshots were heard yards from a primary school in Gospel Oak on Sunday evening.
Firearms police were called to Hemingway Close at 6.51pm after reports of gunshots in just around the corner from Gospel Oak primary school in Mansfield Road.
No injuries were reported at the scene, but later in the evening the police were able to apprehend four suspects in Enfield.
The men were arrested at a traffic stop on Hertord Road in the outer London borough, and they remain in custody at a North London police station.
A neighbour who wished to remain anonymous told this newspaper: “Within minutes the whole of Gospel Oak was taped off, especially Hemingway Close where we live. And armed police had surrounded the area, nobody was allowed in or out of the close and we were all told to stay in our houses.”
You may also want to watch:
The police ask anyone with information about the incident to call 0208 733 4371. Enquiries are ongoing.
Did you see what happened? Contact Sam on the newsdesk at Sam.Volpe@Archant.co.uk
- 1 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 2 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 5 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 6 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 7 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 8 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 9 'My theatre group saved my life on a Zoom call,' says amputee
- 10 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath