Good fences make good neighbours, so welcome Katherine Jenkins
WE were disappointed by some uncomplimentary coments made by a neighbour about the new boundary fences that have been erected around what is to be Katherine Jenkins new home in Muswell Hill (Opera sensation puts up the barricades, H&H Broadway August 20)
WE were disappointed by some uncomplimentary coments made by a neighbour about the new boundary fences that have been erected around what is to be Katherine Jenkins' new home in Muswell Hill (Opera sensation puts up the barricades, H&H Broadway August 20).
Until then, we had no idea who was to live there but we had been admiring the beautiful quality of the materials used, the consummate craftsmanship displayed by the workmen who set it in place. and especially the attention to detail, like the curved corner. Perhaps it takes an artist's eye, which we both share (at least one each) to appreciate fine quality.
Bearing in mind the superb standard of artistry Kathrine Jenkins has achieved in her snging, it is not surprising that she is discerning in other areas of her life.
There is so much ugliness all around us: hideous street furniture, ghastly architecture... when I pass the new library in Colney Hatch Lane, coloured like cheap retro wrapping paper, I want to close my eyes, but I can't unless Earl is driving!
So it is a relief to welcome to our quirky community another creative person with a good eye and great gifts. We hope she feels comfortable among us, and will grow to enjoy living here and blending in as, no doubt, will her new and tasteful fence.
Susan Bennett & Earl Hyde
- 1 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 2 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 3 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 4 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 5 Fears over large nitrous oxide cannisters found in Gospel Oak
- 6 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 7 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
- 8 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 9 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 10 Hampstead to welcome boho women's lifestyle brand Free People
St Regis Close