Good fences make good neighbours, so welcome Katherine Jenkins
WE were disappointed by some uncomplimentary coments made by a neighbour about the new boundary fences that have been erected around what is to be Katherine Jenkins new home in Muswell Hill (Opera sensation puts up the barricades, H&H Broadway August 20)
WE were disappointed by some uncomplimentary coments made by a neighbour about the new boundary fences that have been erected around what is to be Katherine Jenkins' new home in Muswell Hill (Opera sensation puts up the barricades, H&H Broadway August 20).
Until then, we had no idea who was to live there but we had been admiring the beautiful quality of the materials used, the consummate craftsmanship displayed by the workmen who set it in place. and especially the attention to detail, like the curved corner. Perhaps it takes an artist's eye, which we both share (at least one each) to appreciate fine quality.
Bearing in mind the superb standard of artistry Kathrine Jenkins has achieved in her snging, it is not surprising that she is discerning in other areas of her life.
There is so much ugliness all around us: hideous street furniture, ghastly architecture... when I pass the new library in Colney Hatch Lane, coloured like cheap retro wrapping paper, I want to close my eyes, but I can't unless Earl is driving!
You may also want to watch:
So it is a relief to welcome to our quirky community another creative person with a good eye and great gifts. We hope she feels comfortable among us, and will grow to enjoy living here and blending in as, no doubt, will her new and tasteful fence.
Susan Bennett & Earl Hyde
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
St Regis Close