Golders Green student hopes to become UK’s Sexiest Vegan to spread the message
- Credit: Archant
Hollywood heartthrob Brad Pitt, singer Leona Lewis and tennis champion Serena Williams are three famously sexy stars to have embraced a vegan lifestyle.
Now Golders Green student Shayna Weisz, 20, hopes to add her name to this illustrious list by becoming the UK’s Sexiest Vegan.
Just months after making the leap from vegetarian to vegan in February, Ms Weisz has now reached the final of the Sexiest Vegan in the UK and Ireland competition.
The event is organised by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
Explaining her decision to enter the competition, the Aston University student, who is studying psychology, said: “It’s a good way to get people interested in the cause. I can get my message out.
You may also want to watch:
“I think compassionate people are sexy people. If a man told me that he was a vegan because he cared about animals that would be points for him!”
Over a year ago, Ms Weisz was a meat eater until she embarked on a gap year trip to Israel.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
“I learnt about religion which said we have to treat animals right,” she said. “But then we’d sit down for a burger and I thought, ‘This doesn’t make sense’.”