Golders Green student hopes to become UK’s Sexiest Vegan to spread the message
- Credit: Archant
Hollywood heartthrob Brad Pitt, singer Leona Lewis and tennis champion Serena Williams are three famously sexy stars to have embraced a vegan lifestyle.
Now Golders Green student Shayna Weisz, 20, hopes to add her name to this illustrious list by becoming the UK’s Sexiest Vegan.
Just months after making the leap from vegetarian to vegan in February, Ms Weisz has now reached the final of the Sexiest Vegan in the UK and Ireland competition.
The event is organised by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).
Explaining her decision to enter the competition, the Aston University student, who is studying psychology, said: “It’s a good way to get people interested in the cause. I can get my message out.
You may also want to watch:
“I think compassionate people are sexy people. If a man told me that he was a vegan because he cared about animals that would be points for him!”
Over a year ago, Ms Weisz was a meat eater until she embarked on a gap year trip to Israel.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 7 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 8 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar
“I learnt about religion which said we have to treat animals right,” she said. “But then we’d sit down for a burger and I thought, ‘This doesn’t make sense’.”