Golders Green man facing charges after Westminster brothel raids
Owen Sheppard, LDRS
- Credit: Archant
A Golders Green man is among six people facing charges of conspiring to enslave, traffic and sexually exploit victims after four brothels were raided in Westminster.
Zeev Zi-Pear, 62, of Woodstock Road, Golders Green, was charged after watches, cars and paintings worth £1 million were seized from residential addresses in London and Gloucestershire.
The arrests were made as part of a Met Police crackdown against an organised crime group on April 22, as part of Operation Huai.
The Salvation Army said the group’s alleged victims were from China, with a smaller number of Romanian and UK nationals. The charity is providing care for the women.
In addition to Zi-Pear, the other five people charged are Jie Zhang, 40, of Fountain Park Way, Shepherd’s Bush; Yuhua Zheng, 68, of Fountain Park Way; Qitao Xu, 31, of Bullrush Grove, Hillingdon; Giulia Manzo, 30, of North Kensington; Wenjing Nong, 32, of Tyndall Road, Leyton.
You may also want to watch:
They were all charged by postal requisition on April 6 and will appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on May 10.
Due to the nature of the charges, the alleged victims will be given lifelong anonymity and cannot be identified.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 3 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 7 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 8 Highgate primary praises new school street scheme restricting cars
- 9 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 10 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates