Golders Green incident: Police reassure community after 'domestic' issue
- Credit: Wendy Phillips
A man has been arrested and police have moved to reassure the community after an incident on Tuesday near to a Golders Green synagogue.
Officers said they had been called to a "domestic incident" on Golders Green Road at around 12.30pm, and then followed a man who drove away from them.
The man stopped, they said, near to the Golders Green Beth Hamedrash synagogue in The Riding. Then, while police were engaging him, it is alleged that he set fire to an object he was holding before fleeing the scene.
A man was arrested at around 2pm.
No police officers or members of the public were harmed during the incident, nor was any property damaged. Scotland Yard said this was not thought to be a terrorist incident.
Supt Louis Smith said: “I know this will have been a very visible and frightening incident for the local community, but please know my officers will be out in the area.
“Do talk to them if you have any concerns, we are here to listen and reassure."
He added the incident appears to be "self-contained".
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music for 'healthy hedonists'
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 5 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 6 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 7 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 8 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 9 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 10 North London teenager sets sights on professional cricket