Golders Green grandfather British victim of Jerusalem synagogue massacre
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A British-born man has been named as one of the victims of an attack by Palestinian militants on a synagogue in Jerusalem.
Avraham Shmuel Goldberg, 68, was among the four people killed when two attackers stormed the synagogue this morning.
They attacked worshippers with knives, axes and guns before the militants were shot dead by police, according to reports.
Mr Goldberg is a great-grandfather who lived in Golders Green for many years before moving to Israel.
A Foreign Office spokesman said: “We are aware of the death of a dual British-Israeli national in Israel on November 18, 2014.”
He leaves a widow and six children, many grandchildren and great grandchildren.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 7 Sexual offence reports at record levels in Camden, Haringey and Barnet
- 8 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate