Golders Green grandfather British victim of Jerusalem synagogue massacre
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A British-born man has been named as one of the victims of an attack by Palestinian militants on a synagogue in Jerusalem.
Avraham Shmuel Goldberg, 68, was among the four people killed when two attackers stormed the synagogue this morning.
They attacked worshippers with knives, axes and guns before the militants were shot dead by police, according to reports.
Mr Goldberg is a great-grandfather who lived in Golders Green for many years before moving to Israel.
A Foreign Office spokesman said: “We are aware of the death of a dual British-Israeli national in Israel on November 18, 2014.”
You may also want to watch:
He leaves a widow and six children, many grandchildren and great grandchildren.
- 1 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 2 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Tottenham Women seal extra time win over Sheffield United
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives