Golders Green grandfather British victim of Jerusalem synagogue massacre
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A British-born man has been named as one of the victims of an attack by Palestinian militants on a synagogue in Jerusalem.
Avraham Shmuel Goldberg, 68, was among the four people killed when two attackers stormed the synagogue this morning.
They attacked worshippers with knives, axes and guns before the militants were shot dead by police, according to reports.
Mr Goldberg is a great-grandfather who lived in Golders Green for many years before moving to Israel.
A Foreign Office spokesman said: “We are aware of the death of a dual British-Israeli national in Israel on November 18, 2014.”
You may also want to watch:
He leaves a widow and six children, many grandchildren and great grandchildren.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 9 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 10 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage