Golders Green grandfather British victim of Jerusalem synagogue massacre
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A British-born man has been named as one of the victims of an attack by Palestinian militants on a synagogue in Jerusalem.
Avraham Shmuel Goldberg, 68, was among the four people killed when two attackers stormed the synagogue this morning.
They attacked worshippers with knives, axes and guns before the militants were shot dead by police, according to reports.
Mr Goldberg is a great-grandfather who lived in Golders Green for many years before moving to Israel.
A Foreign Office spokesman said: “We are aware of the death of a dual British-Israeli national in Israel on November 18, 2014.”
You may also want to watch:
He leaves a widow and six children, many grandchildren and great grandchildren.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 9 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 10 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day