Golders Green: Drunk man ‘exposes himself’ in boys’ school before running towards traffic
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A “very intoxicated” man exposed himself in a boys’ schools, jumped off a roof and ran towards oncoming traffic in Golders Green earlier today, a witness has claimed.
Police, paramedics and neighbourhood watch service Shomrim North West London attended the scene in Finchley Road from about 11.30am this morning.
A spokesman for Shomrim who said he was at the scene explained the man entered the school and “completely exposed himself from the waist down”.
“The male left the school and proceeded to climb over walls and along flat roofs behind Finchley Road,” he said.
“After jumping from a roof above the first floor the male sustained injuries of some sort but was oblivious to this.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The male then proceeded to run in the middle of Finchley Road into oncoming traffic.”
Shomrim detained the man until the arrival of the police, while a nearby charity shop provided him with a pair of trousers.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 9 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 10 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service said: “We sent a number of ambulance crews to the scene including London’s Air Ambulance, a single responder in a car and a duty officer.
“We treated a man at the scene and took him to hospital by ambulance.”
The Met said the man’s injuries were not thought to be “life-changing” or “life-threatening”.
There have been no arrests and the incident is not being treated as suspicious.