Golders Green babysitter wins half a million in bingo bonanza
A mysterious Golders Green babysitter has scooped nearly half a million pounds at a Cricklewood bingo hall. The woman, who is 55 and originally from the Philippines, scooped the bumper jackpot at the Beacon bingo hall, Cricklewood, on Sunday February 24.
A mysterious Golders Green babysitter has scooped nearly half a million pounds at a Cricklewood bingo hall.
The woman, who is 55 and originally from the Philippines, scooped the bumper jackpot at the Beacon bingo hall, Cricklewood, on Sunday February 24. The hall broke into huge applause to celebrate to her win.
Assistant manager Inderjeet Singh said: "She didn't know how much she had won at first. The people in the club were all standing, clapping and cheering. The atmosphere was amazing."
The winner, who is remaining anonymous, said she would give money to refurbish a church in her home town. She works in the area doing odd jobs such as babysitting and cleaning to send money back to her family in the Philippines.
You may also want to watch:
She said in a statement after her win: "I have really just been living from day to day but this win has changed my life.
"I didn't sleep at all on Sunday night thinking what I could do with it. It is a blessing for me and I can help a lot of people.
- 1 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 2 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 3 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 4 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 5 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 8 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley