Golders Green babysitter wins half a million in bingo bonanza
A mysterious Golders Green babysitter has scooped nearly half a million pounds at a Cricklewood bingo hall. The woman, who is 55 and originally from the Philippines, scooped the bumper jackpot at the Beacon bingo hall, Cricklewood, on Sunday February 24.
A mysterious Golders Green babysitter has scooped nearly half a million pounds at a Cricklewood bingo hall.
The woman, who is 55 and originally from the Philippines, scooped the bumper jackpot at the Beacon bingo hall, Cricklewood, on Sunday February 24. The hall broke into huge applause to celebrate to her win.
Assistant manager Inderjeet Singh said: "She didn't know how much she had won at first. The people in the club were all standing, clapping and cheering. The atmosphere was amazing."
The winner, who is remaining anonymous, said she would give money to refurbish a church in her home town. She works in the area doing odd jobs such as babysitting and cleaning to send money back to her family in the Philippines.
You may also want to watch:
She said in a statement after her win: "I have really just been living from day to day but this win has changed my life.
"I didn't sleep at all on Sunday night thinking what I could do with it. It is a blessing for me and I can help a lot of people.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 Arsenal signing Simone Boye Sorensen says she needed a 'new start'
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 6 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 7 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 8 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 9 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 10 Flash floods 'three feet high' leave basement flats 'uninhabitable'