Goalless draw for local derby
Tottenham Hotspur 0 Arsenal 0 TOTTENHAM failed to best 10-man Arsenal and were held to a goalless draw in Sunday s spirited north London derby at White Hart Lane. The lively stalemate possessed everything but a goal in a pulsating encounter that saw Em
Tottenham Hotspur 0
TOTTENHAM failed to best 10-man Arsenal and were held to a goalless draw in Sunday's spirited north London derby at White Hart Lane.
The lively stalemate possessed everything but a goal in a pulsating encounter that saw Emmanuel Eboue red-carded and Emmanuel Adebayor forced off the field through injury.
You may also want to watch:
The Lilywhites began brightly and Arsenal keeper Manual Almunia was swiftly pressed into action when forced to save Aaron Lennon's goal-bound ninth-minute strike.
But six minutes later the Gunners looked to have gained he upper hand when Eboue stabbed the ball into the net but the goal was disallowed for tripping defender Jonathan Woodgate before scoring.
- 1 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 2 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 8 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 9 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 10 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
The equilibrium changed in the 36th minute when Eboue, who had earlier been yellow-carded for dissent, received his second yellow card and was sent off after tangling with Luca Modric.
Harry Rednapp's outfit sought immediately to profit from their numerical advantage but the visitors, employing Nicklas Bendtner - who had earlier replaced Adebayor - as sole striker, kept Spurs at bay while creating chances of their own.
The rivals both had late opportunities to snatch victory but were ultimately forced to settle for a point apiece.