Belsize Park flat fire 'caused by faulty toaster'
- Credit: London Fire Brigade
Part of a first floor flat in Belsize Park has been destroyed by a fire, thought to be sparked by a faulty toaster.
Emergency services were called to the studio flat in Glenmore Road at 7.15pm on Saturday - January 29.
About 25 fire fighters using four fire engines had the fire in the converted mid-terraced house under control just after 8.30pm.
There were no reports of any injuries.
The fire is believed to have been accidental and caused by a fault in a toaster, according to the London Fire Brigade (LFB).
A spokesperson said: “It’s really important that you always check toasters and other appliances are turned off and unplugged when not in use, unless they’re designed to be left on, like your fridge or freezer.
"Keep clutter to a minimum on your kitchen work surfaces especially near toasters and hobs as they can accidentally switch them on or catch fire."
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 3 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 4 Renaissance painting discovered in pensioner's bedroom sells for £255k
- 5 Camden woman in running for Miss Universe Germany
- 6 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 7 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 8 'Shambles': Haringey's parking website still full of problems
- 9 Crouch End mum wins Jamie Oliver's cooking show on Channel 4
- 10 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
Fire crews from Kentish Town and West Hampstead fire stations attended the scene.