Glenda treads the boards again with Belsize Park kids
DOUBLE Oscar-winning actress and Hampstead and Highgate MP Glenda Jackson visited a school to impart some of her thespian wisdom to its pupils, riding a surge in energy she has enjoyed in the last few weeks. Last week the Ham&High re-ported how she attend
DOUBLE Oscar-winning actress and Hampstead and Highgate MP Glenda Jackson visited a school to impart some of her thespian wisdom to its pupils, riding a surge in energy she has enjoyed in the last few weeks.
Last week the Ham&High re-ported how she attended a 'growing old disgracefully' event in West Hampstead, dancing to flamenco rhythms at the Kingsgate Community Centre.
Now the 72-year-old actress-turned-politician has been treading the boards with a group of children in Belsize Park, where she attended the Perform Plus class at Sarum Hall School to give some acting tips to the budding stars.
The Saturday-morning classes have been set up at the school for eight- to 12-year-olds.
You may also want to watch:
Principal Lucy Quick said: "She is truly an inspirational person in every way, and the children were very privileged to meet her."
One wonders what Ms Jackson will be turning her hand to next...
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 6 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 7 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 8 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 9 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 10 'Cycling is the future – and we must pay instructors fairly'