Glenda treads the boards again with Belsize Park kids
DOUBLE Oscar-winning actress and Hampstead and Highgate MP Glenda Jackson visited a school to impart some of her thespian wisdom to its pupils, riding a surge in energy she has enjoyed in the last few weeks. Last week the Ham&High re-ported how she attend
DOUBLE Oscar-winning actress and Hampstead and Highgate MP Glenda Jackson visited a school to impart some of her thespian wisdom to its pupils, riding a surge in energy she has enjoyed in the last few weeks.
Last week the Ham&High re-ported how she attended a 'growing old disgracefully' event in West Hampstead, dancing to flamenco rhythms at the Kingsgate Community Centre.
Now the 72-year-old actress-turned-politician has been treading the boards with a group of children in Belsize Park, where she attended the Perform Plus class at Sarum Hall School to give some acting tips to the budding stars.
The Saturday-morning classes have been set up at the school for eight- to 12-year-olds.
You may also want to watch:
Principal Lucy Quick said: "She is truly an inspirational person in every way, and the children were very privileged to meet her."
One wonders what Ms Jackson will be turning her hand to next...
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans