Glenda Jackson opens new-look Hampstead Post Office
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead and Kilburn MP Glenda Jackson was in jubilant spirits as she opened the new-look Hampstead Post Office.
Ms Jackson joined staff at the branch, in Hampstead High Street, for ribbon-cutting duties on Friday to mark the completion of a three-week refurbishment.
The makeover, part of a multi-million pound investment programme which has modernised 2,000 branches nationwide already, provides a more open-plan branch with three new self-service kiosks.
Ms Jackson said: “This is not just a great investment in Hampstead Post Office, it’s a great investment in Hampstead itself.
“The branch is far more welcoming – brighter and more modern than it was before. I am sure that people in the area will be happy with the changes, whether they are regular customers already or those visiting for the first time.”
You may also want to watch:
Hampstead Post Office manager Chaitanya Dalal, who kept the branch open during the works, thanked customers for their patience during the refurbishment.
She said: “It was a tough time for all of us however it was worth it in the end. The office has a very modern look and the staff and customers all like this very much.”
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 4 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 5 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 8 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale