Glenda Jackson opens new-look Hampstead Post Office
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead and Kilburn MP Glenda Jackson was in jubilant spirits as she opened the new-look Hampstead Post Office.
Ms Jackson joined staff at the branch, in Hampstead High Street, for ribbon-cutting duties on Friday to mark the completion of a three-week refurbishment.
The makeover, part of a multi-million pound investment programme which has modernised 2,000 branches nationwide already, provides a more open-plan branch with three new self-service kiosks.
Ms Jackson said: “This is not just a great investment in Hampstead Post Office, it’s a great investment in Hampstead itself.
“The branch is far more welcoming – brighter and more modern than it was before. I am sure that people in the area will be happy with the changes, whether they are regular customers already or those visiting for the first time.”
You may also want to watch:
Hampstead Post Office manager Chaitanya Dalal, who kept the branch open during the works, thanked customers for their patience during the refurbishment.
She said: “It was a tough time for all of us however it was worth it in the end. The office has a very modern look and the staff and customers all like this very much.”
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 9 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 10 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned