Glenda Jackson opens new-look Hampstead Post Office
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead and Kilburn MP Glenda Jackson was in jubilant spirits as she opened the new-look Hampstead Post Office.
Ms Jackson joined staff at the branch, in Hampstead High Street, for ribbon-cutting duties on Friday to mark the completion of a three-week refurbishment.
The makeover, part of a multi-million pound investment programme which has modernised 2,000 branches nationwide already, provides a more open-plan branch with three new self-service kiosks.
Ms Jackson said: “This is not just a great investment in Hampstead Post Office, it’s a great investment in Hampstead itself.
“The branch is far more welcoming – brighter and more modern than it was before. I am sure that people in the area will be happy with the changes, whether they are regular customers already or those visiting for the first time.”
You may also want to watch:
Hampstead Post Office manager Chaitanya Dalal, who kept the branch open during the works, thanked customers for their patience during the refurbishment.
She said: “It was a tough time for all of us however it was worth it in the end. The office has a very modern look and the staff and customers all like this very much.”
- 1 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 2 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 3 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 6 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 7 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute
- 8 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 9 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 10 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions