Glenda Jackson opens new-look Hampstead Post Office
- Credit: Archant
Hampstead and Kilburn MP Glenda Jackson was in jubilant spirits as she opened the new-look Hampstead Post Office.
Ms Jackson joined staff at the branch, in Hampstead High Street, for ribbon-cutting duties on Friday to mark the completion of a three-week refurbishment.
The makeover, part of a multi-million pound investment programme which has modernised 2,000 branches nationwide already, provides a more open-plan branch with three new self-service kiosks.
Ms Jackson said: “This is not just a great investment in Hampstead Post Office, it’s a great investment in Hampstead itself.
“The branch is far more welcoming – brighter and more modern than it was before. I am sure that people in the area will be happy with the changes, whether they are regular customers already or those visiting for the first time.”
You may also want to watch:
Hampstead Post Office manager Chaitanya Dalal, who kept the branch open during the works, thanked customers for their patience during the refurbishment.
She said: “It was a tough time for all of us however it was worth it in the end. The office has a very modern look and the staff and customers all like this very much.”
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill