Glass attack victims left scarred for life
TWO youngsters will be scarred for life after being slashed with glasses in separate assaults over New Year
TWO youngsters will be scarred for life after being slashed with glasses in separate assaults over New Year.
A 21-year-old woman was badly hurt when another girl cut her face in the 3One7 pub on Finchley Road on Sunday December 30.
The women knew each other and the attack stemmed from an argument at a private party upstairs at the venue.
You may also want to watch:
The next night, New Year's Eve, an 18-year-old man was hit across the face with a bottle in Juniper Crescent, Camden Town.
He was with two girls at the bridge near Morrisons when two youngsters approached and slashed him across the right-hand side of his face.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United
Both attacks will leave the young victims disfigured.
"I know the girl who was hurt quite well, she's a regular in here," said Ben Crook, general manager of the 3One7 pub.
"She has never been involved in trouble before and we don't have this sort of trouble here. It was really out of the ordinary.
"We don't stand for anything like this and shut the place down immediately.
"It was a private party and involved two sets of girls who've had a long-running feud.
"I threw them out as soon as they had attacked the girl, while the police and ambulance were called. Then their names were given to the police by people who knew them."
Camden Police are still appealing for information and witnesses to the attack, which took place between midnight and 12.45am.
Three women, aged 21 and 22, have been arrested and bailed pending further enquiries.
After the Camden Town attack at around 1am, officers retrieved the bottle believed to have been the weapon used and cordoned off the street.
The victim was taken by ambulance to hospital and needed stitches between his cheek bone and jaw.
The area was quite busy at the time and police are eager to speak to witnesses who may have information to help them with their enquiries," said a Camden Police spokesman.
Police are looking for two men aged between 16 and 18 of mixed race.
After the attack they ran north towards the Roundhouse.
One of the youngsters was 5ft 10ins and wore a waist-length black jacket with short black hair.
Anyone with information should call Camden Police on 020-7404 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.