Girl, 12, escapes attempted abduction in Highgate
Charlotte Newton POLICE are investigating the attempted abduction of a 12-year-old school girl in Highgate. The victim was walking along Shepherd s Hill, near the junction with Stanhope Road, on Wednesday June 16 at 8.10am when a car pulled up beside her
POLICE are investigating the attempted abduction of a 12-year-old school girl in Highgate.
The victim was walking along Shepherd's Hill, near the junction with Stanhope Road, on Wednesday June 16 at 8.10am when a car pulled up beside her. The driver, who is described as a white woman in her 50s with blond hair, repeatedly told her to get in the car.
The girl refused and a member of public intervened and told her to run to safety.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey Police have today issued an appeal for the public's help in tracing the man who intervened and the female suspect.
Investigating officer, DC Zoe Bentley said: "We are very eager to hear from the member of public that intervened and told the girl to run off, he may have information that could prove to be crucial to our investigation."
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 4 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 5 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Zoe Bentley of Haringey CID on 020 8345 0712 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Meanwhile, Barnet Police have issued an appeal for help in tracing a man who attempted to abduct an eight-year-old boy in East Finchley.
The boy was playing with friends in Avenue Park, East End Road on Saturday June 12 at about 4.30pm when a man approached him and grabbed his arm.
The young boy told police that the man didn't say anything and refused to let go even though he repeatedly asked him to. The suspect dragged the boy 30 feet until he managed to get away. The suspect ran off down The Avenue.
He has been described as a white man, aged 30-40-years-old, of average build with dark short hair. He is 5'06-5'10'' tall, was clean shaven and wore a short denim-like jacket. He had a hooded red top on underneath the jacket and had dark trousers on.
Barnet police would like to speak to anyone who saw this man or witnessed the incident. They would also like to hear from anyone who has a CCTV system which was recording on that day near this area.
Anyone with information should contact DC Chris Banks at Barnet CID on 0208 733 4595 or email Christopher.Banks@met.pnn.police.uk. Or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0300 123 1212 quoting reference 2413984/10.