Gino D'Acampo's Doppio Cioccolato con Pistacchio
Doppio cioccolato con Pistacchio (Double chocolate mouse with Pistachio nuts)
150g dark chocolate (good quality and chopped)
100g white chocolate (good quality and chopped)
3 fresh eggs
You may also want to watch:
2tbls caster sugar
2tbls amaretto liquor
- 1 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 4 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 5 Reader letter: Rubbish bins in Camden need 'levelling up'
- 6 We are acting to stop low-quality housing being built in Haringey
- 7 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 8 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 9 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
250ml softly whipped cream
2 Handful of crush pistachio nuts
Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan with hot water (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Once melted, set aside to cool, but not to harden.
Beat the eggs and sugar in a bowl until thick and pale. With the help of a metal spoon fold the chocolate into the egg mixture. Add in the nuts and amaretto liquor, mix well and then gently fold in the whipped cream.
Place the mixture into four separate dessert glasses (approx. 250ml), refrigerate for 3 hours until set. Just before serving decorate with some crushed pistachio nuts on top.