Giggs wonder goal breaks Arsenal hearts in pulsating FA Cup replay
1999: Ryan Giggs scores a wonder goal in extra time to beat Arsenal 2-1 in the last ever FA Cup semi-final replay at Villa Park. David Beckham fired United ahead before Dennis Bergkamp levelled. The Dutch striker then saw his penalty saved by Peter Schmei
Ryan Giggs scores a wonder goal in extra time to beat Arsenal 2-1 in the last ever FA Cup semi-final replay at Villa Park.
David Beckham fired United ahead before Dennis Bergkamp levelled. The Dutch striker then saw his penalty saved by Peter Schmeichel before Giggs blasted home his later winner after a mazy run for ten-man United. It was their first win over the Gunners in seven attempts.
"We gave everything and my players will pick themselves up again," said Arsene Wenger.
You may also want to watch:
'It is not easy to take a defeat but what you can demand of a team is they give everything and that is what my team did tonight. The two teams are very close to each other and in the end the luckiest won."
Meanwhile, Wenger is asked by Japan coach Philippe Troussier for his help in the 2002 World Cup finals in three years time.
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 5 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 6 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 7 Bailed: Men arrested in connection with antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 8 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 9 'No one cares': Mother claims 'horrible' leaks and mould left ignored
- 10 Huge summer window awaits Daniel Levy at Tottenham Hotspur