Giant menorah lights up for Chanukah outside Golders Green station
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of children and their parents gathered to see a giant menorah light up for Chanukah.
The nine-branched neon light shone through the darkness outside Golders Green Underground Station in Golders Green after it was lit up at an evening event for families on Sunday.
Nearly 2,000 people enjoyed eating doughnuts and watching jugglers, fire-breathers and clowns.
It is the 31st year the menorah has been lit at the station and was on display from Tuesday, December 16 until the following Tuesday.
The spectacle is organised by outreach organisation, Tzivos Hashem, which runs informal educational classes and courses for children.
You may also want to watch:
Chanie Simon, administrator at Tzivos Hashem, said: “The atmosphere was electric. You could feel the excitement in the air. Both young and old enjoyed themselves and we were really lucky to have good weather.”
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 8 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 9 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre