Get out and about and explore ways to improve Highgate
People living and working in Highgate are invited to take part in a walkabout to explore the area and discover ways of improving it.
The Placecheck Walkabout has been organised by the newly formed Highgate Neighbourhood Forum.
In order to develop a plan, the group is inviting members of the community to explore the area on foot for an hour-and-a-half.
Maggy Meade-King, spokeswoman for the forum, said: “This is an opportunity to see Highgate afresh, walk down streets you may not have set foot in, as well as familiar routes, looking at the backs as well as the fronts, finding places that may be new to you and this is in the company of people you may not have met before. It should be fun.”
The briefing for the walkabout is tonight (September 13) at 7pm in the Waterlow Park Centre.
By the end of the session, everyone will be allocated into teams and given an area to discover on a date at everyone’s convenience.
On September 27, each group will report back to everyone who took part about what they discovered.
- 1 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 2 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 3 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
- 4 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 5 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
- 6 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 7 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 8 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 9 Two-year waitlist for mental health patients at Tavistock Centre
- 10 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
n Go to www.highgateneighbourhoodforum.org.uk