Get out and about and explore ways to improve Highgate
People living and working in Highgate are invited to take part in a walkabout to explore the area and discover ways of improving it.
The Placecheck Walkabout has been organised by the newly formed Highgate Neighbourhood Forum.
In order to develop a plan, the group is inviting members of the community to explore the area on foot for an hour-and-a-half.
Maggy Meade-King, spokeswoman for the forum, said: “This is an opportunity to see Highgate afresh, walk down streets you may not have set foot in, as well as familiar routes, looking at the backs as well as the fronts, finding places that may be new to you and this is in the company of people you may not have met before. It should be fun.”
The briefing for the walkabout is tonight (September 13) at 7pm in the Waterlow Park Centre.
You may also want to watch:
By the end of the session, everyone will be allocated into teams and given an area to discover on a date at everyone’s convenience.
On September 27, each group will report back to everyone who took part about what they discovered.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
n Go to www.highgateneighbourhoodforum.org.uk