Get experienced with the Hendrix hotel trip
A MARYLEBONE hotel renowned as the last known address of guitar legend Jimi Hendrix has opened up a special suite to mark the 40th anniversary of the rock legend’s death.
Designed by interior designer Mary Gannon, The Cumberland Hotel, just off Park Lane, has decked out a fifth-floor room favoured by the guitar guru in a suitably psychedelic style.
At �399 per night, the Hendrix suite, left, showcases an original 1960s printed panel called Peacock by Mariji Isola, along with a wall of framed NME covers from the 1960s featuring Jimi.
Centrepiece of the room is a flaming three-metre Hendrix mural by renowned graphic designer Andie Airfix, who has worked for The Rolling Stones.
Guests will also be able to listen to the original, uncut audio tape of Hendrix’s last interview, conducted by Keith Altham, then working for the NME.
Altham said: “I think he would have loved the idea of a special room designed in a style which is harmonised to his music and memory and where others might gain inspiration from his work.”
Ten pounds from the cost of each night’s stay in the room will be donated by the hotel to The Hendrix Foundation, an organisation helping deprived children to learn to play instruments.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 'We're proud of what we do': Kossoffs celebrates six months in Kentish Town
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 7 Fundraising year begins at William IV pub in Hampstead
- 8 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 Roadworks and rail disruptions in north London over the next week
The Cumberland is also set to host a mini-photography exhibition dedicated to the rock icon.