Germany could teach us all a nude bathing lesson
As I understand it, Heath management officials have invited British naturists to come up with a feasible plan for nude sunbathing on the Heath. Those backing the proposition suggest an area close to the men s pond for the venue. I cannot understand why. M
As I understand it, Heath management officials have invited British naturists to come up with a feasible plan for nude sunbathing on the Heath. Those backing the proposition suggest an area close to the men's pond for the venue. I cannot understand why.
My husband and I have visited a large number of nude sunbathing sites, on Naxos, Siphnos, Crete; in Paris, Amsterdam and Austin, Texas, of all places. In none of these sites was the sunbathing single-sex. In Germany, families change clothes out in the open without giving it a thought. I am therefore having difficulty understanding why the proposed site on the Heath should be single-sex, as seems to be assumed.
My experience of mixed sunbathing is anything but lurid. People tend modestly to keep to themselves.
I have never seen soliciting of any sort. If anything there seems to be an almost narcissistic concentration on the self.
You may also want to watch:
I suggest that any naturist venue on the Heath be mixed sex, and so I would think a facility close to the mixed pond would be more suitable than the men's pond. It's no doubt inappropriate that people should be allowed to swim nude, but that is a shame as nude swimming is one of the great pleasures in living.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
Mackeson Road, NW3