Germany could teach us all a nude bathing lesson
As I understand it, Heath management officials have invited British naturists to come up with a feasible plan for nude sunbathing on the Heath. Those backing the proposition suggest an area close to the men s pond for the venue. I cannot understand why. M
As I understand it, Heath management officials have invited British naturists to come up with a feasible plan for nude sunbathing on the Heath. Those backing the proposition suggest an area close to the men's pond for the venue. I cannot understand why.
My husband and I have visited a large number of nude sunbathing sites, on Naxos, Siphnos, Crete; in Paris, Amsterdam and Austin, Texas, of all places. In none of these sites was the sunbathing single-sex. In Germany, families change clothes out in the open without giving it a thought. I am therefore having difficulty understanding why the proposed site on the Heath should be single-sex, as seems to be assumed.
My experience of mixed sunbathing is anything but lurid. People tend modestly to keep to themselves.
I have never seen soliciting of any sort. If anything there seems to be an almost narcissistic concentration on the self.
You may also want to watch:
I suggest that any naturist venue on the Heath be mixed sex, and so I would think a facility close to the mixed pond would be more suitable than the men's pond. It's no doubt inappropriate that people should be allowed to swim nude, but that is a shame as nude swimming is one of the great pleasures in living.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 4 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
Mackeson Road, NW3