Germany could teach us all a nude bathing lesson
As I understand it, Heath management officials have invited British naturists to come up with a feasible plan for nude sunbathing on the Heath. Those backing the proposition suggest an area close to the men s pond for the venue. I cannot understand why. M
As I understand it, Heath management officials have invited British naturists to come up with a feasible plan for nude sunbathing on the Heath. Those backing the proposition suggest an area close to the men's pond for the venue. I cannot understand why.
My husband and I have visited a large number of nude sunbathing sites, on Naxos, Siphnos, Crete; in Paris, Amsterdam and Austin, Texas, of all places. In none of these sites was the sunbathing single-sex. In Germany, families change clothes out in the open without giving it a thought. I am therefore having difficulty understanding why the proposed site on the Heath should be single-sex, as seems to be assumed.
My experience of mixed sunbathing is anything but lurid. People tend modestly to keep to themselves.
I have never seen soliciting of any sort. If anything there seems to be an almost narcissistic concentration on the self.
You may also want to watch:
I suggest that any naturist venue on the Heath be mixed sex, and so I would think a facility close to the mixed pond would be more suitable than the men's pond. It's no doubt inappropriate that people should be allowed to swim nude, but that is a shame as nude swimming is one of the great pleasures in living.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
Mackeson Road, NW3