Germany could teach us all a nude bathing lesson
As I understand it, Heath management officials have invited British naturists to come up with a feasible plan for nude sunbathing on the Heath. Those backing the proposition suggest an area close to the men s pond for the venue. I cannot understand why. M
As I understand it, Heath management officials have invited British naturists to come up with a feasible plan for nude sunbathing on the Heath. Those backing the proposition suggest an area close to the men's pond for the venue. I cannot understand why.
My husband and I have visited a large number of nude sunbathing sites, on Naxos, Siphnos, Crete; in Paris, Amsterdam and Austin, Texas, of all places. In none of these sites was the sunbathing single-sex. In Germany, families change clothes out in the open without giving it a thought. I am therefore having difficulty understanding why the proposed site on the Heath should be single-sex, as seems to be assumed.
My experience of mixed sunbathing is anything but lurid. People tend modestly to keep to themselves.
I have never seen soliciting of any sort. If anything there seems to be an almost narcissistic concentration on the self.
You may also want to watch:
I suggest that any naturist venue on the Heath be mixed sex, and so I would think a facility close to the mixed pond would be more suitable than the men's pond. It's no doubt inappropriate that people should be allowed to swim nude, but that is a shame as nude swimming is one of the great pleasures in living.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Arteta 'very disappointed' by Arsenal exit
- 9 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 10 In pictures: The Parkland Walk in lockdown
Mackeson Road, NW3