German giants step up their interest in Arsenal striker
Nicklas Bendtner has had enough of sitting on the bench, and Europe’s top sides have been alerted to his possible availability
Bayern Munich have confirmed they are monitoring Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner’s situation.
The Denmark international has hinted he could leave the club – despite Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger reiterating last week he had no plans to sell.
Bendtner returned from injury last month with two goals in as many games but was left out of the squad for last Sunday’s 2-1 win at Everton.
Wenger claimed it was due to injury, but with Marouane Chamakh making an excellent start to his Gunners career, Bendtner’s future remains uncertain.
You may also want to watch:
Four-time European Cup winners Bayern confirmed he is on their radar when club legend Franz Beckenbauer was quoted as saying: “Yes, he (Bendtner) is among some players, who have done very well - both for Denmark and for his club, and who has got the class and the potential to play in a club like Bayern Munich, where we already have a lot of class players.”
Wenger, though, said last week the strong-willed Dane must show patience – and he still has a future at the club.
- 1 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 2 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 3 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 4 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 5 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 6 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 7 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 8 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 9 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 10 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
“Yes, for the length of his contract - that is three more years,” said Wenger.
“I want him to stay. I have known him since he was 16-years-old and I have a strong rapport with him.
“I like him as a player and a person, even if I do not agree with every statement. Overall I want him to stay and be part of the group.”