Gerald Ingram: Serial paedophile ‘Gerry the Bookman’ sentenced to three years over indecent photos of children and ‘act with animal’
- Credit: Archant
A serial paedophile and former Crouch End bookseller has been jailed for three years after a trial at Wood Green Crown Court.
Gerald Ingram, 70, of Priory Gardens in Highgate, was found guilty of five offences after a two-day trial in December.
A jury found him guilty of making indecent “photos or pseudo-photos” of a child, and of possession of an extreme pornographic image, which showed an “act of indecency or sex with a deal or alive animal”.
Sentencing Ingram on December 19, Judge Ader told the former Crouch End book stall owner to pay a £170 surcharge, to forfeit his computer and to sign the sex offenders’ register for life.
Ingram was previously jailed for four years in 2012 for admitting multiple sex offences against children.
He was well-known to the community in Crouch End. He ran a book stall in the Broadway for some years and fought a public campaign to keep running it, despite council officers trying to shut it.
- 1 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 2 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 3 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 4 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 5 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 6 How a stray Hampstead cat changed the life of artist Louis Wain
- 7 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary
- 8 Fire brigade extinguish St Pancras station electrical fire
- 9 Cirque du Soleil: Luzia Royal Albert Hall ****
- 10 How the battle for Hampstead Heath inspired the National Trust