Gerald Ingram: Serial paedophile ‘Gerry the Bookman’ sentenced to three years over indecent photos of children and ‘act with animal’
- Credit: Archant
A serial paedophile and former Crouch End bookseller has been jailed for three years after a trial at Wood Green Crown Court.
Gerald Ingram, 70, of Priory Gardens in Highgate, was found guilty of five offences after a two-day trial in December.
A jury found him guilty of making indecent “photos or pseudo-photos” of a child, and of possession of an extreme pornographic image, which showed an “act of indecency or sex with a deal or alive animal”.
Sentencing Ingram on December 19, Judge Ader told the former Crouch End book stall owner to pay a £170 surcharge, to forfeit his computer and to sign the sex offenders’ register for life.
Ingram was previously jailed for four years in 2012 for admitting multiple sex offences against children.
You may also want to watch:
He was well-known to the community in Crouch End. He ran a book stall in the Broadway for some years and fought a public campaign to keep running it, despite council officers trying to shut it.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 4 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 8 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing