George stands to win a million, but don't bet on it
YOU may think there s more chance of aliens from Mars than Britain winning gold at the Olympics, but there s only one man around here loopy enough to bet on it. Step forward Rainbow George Weiss, who is up to his usual numerical nonsense, betting £333 on
YOU may think there's more chance of aliens from Mars than Britain winning gold at the Olympics, but there's only one man around here loopy enough to bet on it.
Step forward Rainbow George Weiss, who is up to his usual numerical nonsense, betting £333 on a UFO appearing during the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics on August 8, or 8/8/8.
Staff at the William Hill bookmaker on Hampstead High Street humoured the self-acknowledged 'village idiot' by asking if he expected the UFO to land or not.
George stands to gain £999,000 if a spaceship miraculously appears but its presence must be verified by the International Olympic Committee.
You may also want to watch:
This isn't the first time the old codger has been caught with his head in the clouds. He made a similar bet about several UFOs appearing above the Live Earth festival on 7/7/7 but says this bet is 'much simpler'.
He said: "If I win, I'd use the money to help establish the bank of a zillion wonders, like a cosmic gift to humanity. Money talks; it says goodbye.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town