George Michael rushed to hospital after collapsing at Highgate home
Singer George Michael was taken to hospital in an ambulance after collapsing at his Highgate home.
A worried friend was reported to have called 999 when the 50-year-old fell ill last week.
Two ambulances were sent to pick him up and take him to an unnamed London hospital last Thursday before 8am.
His agent told The Sun newspaper in a statement: “George Michael was in hospital for routine tests but there is nothing further to say.”
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We were called just before 8am on May 22. We sent two ambulance crews and staff treated one patient, a man, who was taken to hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Michael battled pneumonia in late 2011 and in May last year, he was airlifted to hospital with a head injury after falling from his car onto the road.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 4 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 5 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Murder arrest after Primrose Hill woman dies from stab wounds
- 10 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears