George Michael pleads guilty to drug charges after Hampstead High Street smash
Highgate singer George Michael has admitted driving while under the influence of drugs and possessing cannabis after crashing his car on Hampstead High Street. The 47-year-old pleaded guilty to the two offences at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court today.
Highgate singer George Michael has admitted driving while under the influence of drugs and possessing cannabis after crashing his car on Hampstead High Street.
The 47-year-old pleaded guilty to the two offences at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court today.
The former Wham singer was arrested on July 4 after he smashed his jeep into the front of Snappy Snaps photo shop.
The court heard how a police patrol car found him slumped at the wheel of his Range Rover in the early hours of the morning. The engine of the car was still running and when police roused him he attempted to put it back in gear.
You may also want to watch:
He was arrested and taken to Hampstead police station where he was found to be carrying cannabis cigarettes. A blood sample was taken and chemicals linked to cannabis were found in his system. He had not been drinking alcohol.
He had been on police bail following the smash. He will be sentenced at a later date.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 7 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
In May 2007, Michael admitted another charge of driving while unfit through use of drugs at Brent Magistrates Court in London.
He was arrested after police found his car obstructing traffic lights in Cricklewood.