General election candidates to go head-to-head in Ham&High social media events
With six weeks left until polling day, the Ham&High series is preparing for one of the tightest general elections in decades – and we want you to get involved.
In January, we launched our comprehensive coverage of this year’s election with the first of a series of in-depth interviews with candidates standing in our five constituencies.
We will continue to bring you analysis of all the key battlegrounds and the latest news from the campaign trail as you decide which candidates you want to represent you for the next five years.
And for the first time, we will host two social media evenings next month – giving readers the chance to grill parliamentary candidates on the issues that matter to you.
Are you concerned about the state of the NHS? Or the threat of the mansion tax?
You may also want to watch:
Candidates will be put in the hot seat for a live Q&A session, where they will be quizzed by you, the readers, over issues such as education, housing and everything else that is important to you.
Geoff Martin, editor of the Ham&High series, said: “This part of London has always been a hotbed of often radical political thinking, intellectual discussion and vibrant debate and at no time is this more evident than in the run-up to elections.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 5 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 6 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar
“As well as coverage every week in our print and digital editions, the Ham&High titles are involved in a series of hustings and our new social media events give voters another option to follow as they evaluate the parties and the candidates in the run-up to May 7.”
Our five constituencies, Hampstead and Kilburn, Hornsey and Wood Green, Holborn and St Pancras, Finchley and Golders Green and Westminster North, will be hotly contested by all parties this year so every vote counts.
Candidates standing in Hampstead and Kilburn will take part in the first social media evening as part of the Ham&High hustings set to be held at the JW3 community centre, in Finchley Road, on April 22.
Parliamentary hopefuls standing in Hornsey and Wood Green and Holborn and St Pancras will then take part in a second social media evening at the Ham&High office, in Finchley Road, on April 27.
To send your questions for the social media evening email email@example.com or keep reading our election coverage to find out how you can ask the candidates questions live on the night, via Twitter and Facebook.