Gefiltefest Jewish food festival arrives at the London Jewish Cultural Centre
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
More than 600 people enjoyed a day of gastronomic delight last Sunday at the UK’s only Jewish food festival.
Gefiltefest arrived at the London Jewish Cultural Centre in Golders Green – offering a day of food-related fun.
There were more than 70 different demonstrations, tastings, workshops and talks from chefs, educators, rabbis and providers of the best in Jewish cuisine.
Guests included ex-foreign secretary David Miliband, world renowned food writer Claudia Roden and cooking personalities the Jewish Princesses.
Gefiltefest founder and director Michael Leventhal said: “Everyone eats and food is a great way of bringing people together.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s so much in Jewish history, ritual and culture that relates to food. This year we even had a session with kosher locusts.”
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Late-night kidnap arrest after police search park
- 3 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 4 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 5 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 6 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 7 'We can't afford it': Camden foodbank prepares for spike in demand
- 8 'Potential for something remarkable'? Residents on O2 Centre redevelopment
- 9 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 10 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze