Gefiltefest Jewish food festival arrives at the London Jewish Cultural Centre
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
More than 600 people enjoyed a day of gastronomic delight last Sunday at the UK’s only Jewish food festival.
Gefiltefest arrived at the London Jewish Cultural Centre in Golders Green – offering a day of food-related fun.
There were more than 70 different demonstrations, tastings, workshops and talks from chefs, educators, rabbis and providers of the best in Jewish cuisine.
Guests included ex-foreign secretary David Miliband, world renowned food writer Claudia Roden and cooking personalities the Jewish Princesses.
Gefiltefest founder and director Michael Leventhal said: “Everyone eats and food is a great way of bringing people together.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s so much in Jewish history, ritual and culture that relates to food. This year we even had a session with kosher locusts.”
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 4 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 5 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days
- 6 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 7 'Ejiofor leadership took significant steps to improve social care services'
- 8 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 9 Amazon Fresh convenience store without tills opens in Chalk Farm
- 10 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'