Gefiltefest Jewish food festival arrives at the London Jewish Cultural Centre
- Credit: Nigel Sutton
More than 600 people enjoyed a day of gastronomic delight last Sunday at the UK’s only Jewish food festival.
Gefiltefest arrived at the London Jewish Cultural Centre in Golders Green – offering a day of food-related fun.
There were more than 70 different demonstrations, tastings, workshops and talks from chefs, educators, rabbis and providers of the best in Jewish cuisine.
Guests included ex-foreign secretary David Miliband, world renowned food writer Claudia Roden and cooking personalities the Jewish Princesses.
Gefiltefest founder and director Michael Leventhal said: “Everyone eats and food is a great way of bringing people together.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s so much in Jewish history, ritual and culture that relates to food. This year we even had a session with kosher locusts.”
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Royal Free and Whittington under pressure amid London 'major incident'