GCSE results: Straight 9s student Alana among King Alfred’s star performers
- Credit: Archant
The King Alfred School in Golders Green capped GCSE results day with standout results for some of its star students.
Alana was one - she achieved 9s - the top mark - across all of her subjects.
She said: “I feel very relieved and happy with what I’ve got. I don’t think I could have achieved these results at a different kind of school, there would have been too much pressure.”
Another top performer, Josh, “felt really good” about his results but said it was “strange” not sitting exams. He said: “It’s what I wanted so I’m happy.”
King Alfred’s headteacher, Robert Lobatto, said: “This year group are very dedicated and talented students who richly deserve these results.
You may also want to watch:
“The fact our teachers know every student so well meant they were very confident in determining the grades and had the exams taken place I am sure they would have done equally well.
“I congratulate all our GCSE students and can’t wait to see what they can achieve at A-level.”
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate