GCSE results: UCS Hampstead head ‘proud’ after ‘extremely challenging period’
- Credit: Archant
Year 11 pupils at University College School Hampstead scooped some “superb” grades on GCSE results day.
The private school based in Holly Hill saw 19 pupils achieve straight 9 grades, while 53 students recorded a set of results including only 8s and 9s.
Students studying English language, English literature, German, ancient Greek, Mandarin, music, DT and drama all achieved at least a grade 7.
Mark Beard, headmaster of the UCS Foundation, said: “I am delighted for the pupils after what has been an extremely challenging period.
“They worked so hard throughout their GCSE courses and did so whilst fully committing to the UCS’s impressive cultural, sporting and performing arts scenes. I hope they are proud of these results.”
You may also want to watch:
All of the boys from the Year 11 cohort will start their sixth form studies at UCS in early September and will be joined by around 55 girls.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 9 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'