GCSE results: Lucas Chow picks up North Bridge House Hampstead’s best ever grades
- Credit: Archant
A star student from North Bridge House Hampstead bagged the school’s best ever grades on GCSE results day.
Lucas Chow achieved nine grade 9s and an 8, in addition to the A* he had already picked up in French.
Having secured the top grade 9 across English, maths, further maths, music, computer science, 3D Design and the sciences, Lucas cemented his place as the school’s highest ever achiever.
He will now study maths, further maths, physics and French at A level.
Overall, 68 per cent of students at NBH Hampstead achieved a grade 7 - equivalent to an A - or above. Meanwhile, 27 pc picked up a 9, compared to 6.3pc nationally.
You may also want to watch:
Brendan Pavey, NBH’s senior schools executive headteacher, said: “These are an outstanding set of results for our students and they should be incredibly proud of their achievements.”
NBH’s head of school Chris Jones praised students’ “resilience” and “adaptability”.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill