GCSE results: Lucas Chow picks up North Bridge House Hampstead’s best ever grades
- Credit: Archant
A star student from North Bridge House Hampstead bagged the school’s best ever grades on GCSE results day.
Lucas Chow achieved nine grade 9s and an 8, in addition to the A* he had already picked up in French.
Having secured the top grade 9 across English, maths, further maths, music, computer science, 3D Design and the sciences, Lucas cemented his place as the school’s highest ever achiever.
He will now study maths, further maths, physics and French at A level.
Overall, 68 per cent of students at NBH Hampstead achieved a grade 7 - equivalent to an A - or above. Meanwhile, 27 pc picked up a 9, compared to 6.3pc nationally.
Brendan Pavey, NBH’s senior schools executive headteacher, said: “These are an outstanding set of results for our students and they should be incredibly proud of their achievements.”
NBH’s head of school Chris Jones praised students’ “resilience” and “adaptability”.
- 1 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 2 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 3 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 4 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 5 Tottenham boss Antonio Conte looking to revamp squad in transfer windows
- 6 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 7 Movement off the ball key to Arsenal's win against Newcastle
- 8 CCTV: Man makes ‘sexually explicit comments’ to teen on tube
- 9 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 10 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years