GCSE results: Lucas Chow picks up North Bridge House Hampstead’s best ever grades
- Credit: Archant
A star student from North Bridge House Hampstead bagged the school’s best ever grades on GCSE results day.
Lucas Chow achieved nine grade 9s and an 8, in addition to the A* he had already picked up in French.
Having secured the top grade 9 across English, maths, further maths, music, computer science, 3D Design and the sciences, Lucas cemented his place as the school’s highest ever achiever.
He will now study maths, further maths, physics and French at A level.
Overall, 68 per cent of students at NBH Hampstead achieved a grade 7 - equivalent to an A - or above. Meanwhile, 27 pc picked up a 9, compared to 6.3pc nationally.
You may also want to watch:
Brendan Pavey, NBH’s senior schools executive headteacher, said: “These are an outstanding set of results for our students and they should be incredibly proud of their achievements.”
NBH’s head of school Chris Jones praised students’ “resilience” and “adaptability”.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 4 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 5 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 6 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 7 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 8 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Hampstead's Karma Bread thanks Royal Free staff with baked goods