VIDEO: Comedian James Corden stuns West Hampstead estate agents with surprise visit
- Credit: Archant
Interrupting a managing director in the middle of a staff meeting is unlikely to be met kindly - unless you’re an award-winning comedian known to millions.
Employees at the West Hampstead branch of estate agents Greene & Co were left stunned last week when out of nowhere Gavin & Stacey star James Corden burst through the door.
The 34-year-old arrived at the branch, in West End Lane, around 8am last Wednesday to give managing director David Pollock a few pointers on management skills.
Wearing his trademark tracksuit top, Corden adopted his famed alter-ego ‘Smithy’ to deliver his own brand of pep talk to the sales and letting team assembled for Mr Pollock’s regular morning meeting.
The visit was in recognition of the company’s charity efforts this year, helping to raise £35,000 for Rays of Sunshine, which grants the wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses.
You may also want to watch:
Having seen the funny side of Corden’s comic turn, Mr Pollock said: “We are involved in a number of charitable projects and James came in to help us with our support of Rays of Sunshine, our charity of the year.
“It was absolutely fantastic to see everyone’s reaction, he really got into it and a number of people were crying with laughter. I don’t think anyone could quite believe it was him!”
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 8 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 9 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale