VIDEO: Comedian James Corden stuns West Hampstead estate agents with surprise visit
- Credit: Archant
Interrupting a managing director in the middle of a staff meeting is unlikely to be met kindly - unless you’re an award-winning comedian known to millions.
Employees at the West Hampstead branch of estate agents Greene & Co were left stunned last week when out of nowhere Gavin & Stacey star James Corden burst through the door.
The 34-year-old arrived at the branch, in West End Lane, around 8am last Wednesday to give managing director David Pollock a few pointers on management skills.
Wearing his trademark tracksuit top, Corden adopted his famed alter-ego ‘Smithy’ to deliver his own brand of pep talk to the sales and letting team assembled for Mr Pollock’s regular morning meeting.
The visit was in recognition of the company’s charity efforts this year, helping to raise £35,000 for Rays of Sunshine, which grants the wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses.
You may also want to watch:
Having seen the funny side of Corden’s comic turn, Mr Pollock said: “We are involved in a number of charitable projects and James came in to help us with our support of Rays of Sunshine, our charity of the year.
“It was absolutely fantastic to see everyone’s reaction, he really got into it and a number of people were crying with laughter. I don’t think anyone could quite believe it was him!”
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill