Gang admits terrifying robbing of lone woman
THREE men have admitted carrying out a terrifying daylight robbery on a lone woman in Gospel Oak. Duane Isaac, 25, Ashley Hutchison, 24 and Denzil Rochester pounced on the woman as she walked along Roderick Road on the fringes of Hampstead Heath on Februa
THREE men have admitted carrying out a terrifying daylight robbery on a lone woman in Gospel Oak.
Duane Isaac, 25, Ashley Hutchison, 24 and Denzil Rochester pounced on the woman as she walked along Roderick Road on the fringes of Hampstead Heath on February 26 last year.
One of them approached her and demanded she hand over her bag. As she ran through a nearby garden gate the man caught up with her and uttered the chilling words "I have got a gun, I will kill you".
As she reached the front door to raise the alarm, she was grabbed by the ear and kicked. Another of the attackers then joined in and tried to pull her watch from her wrist. She screamed as the rings were pulled from her fingers. They sped off in a Honda Civic.
You may also want to watch:
A witness noted down the registration and gave it to police who spotted the vehicle near Abbey Road. The robbers refused to stop and after a police chase through Paddington they crashed the Honda into a lamppost and fled on foot. With the help of a police helicopter and dog unit they were spotted hiding out in Paddington Rec. The victim's wrist watch and handbag were found nearby.
Isaac, of no fixed address, Hutchison of Marian Way NW10 and Rochester of Middlesex, will be sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 4 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 6 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 7 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road